Monday, February 13, 2012

...And THEN I called my Service Provider...

*** ALTERNATE TITLE...  Budget Woes

So.. I had this whopping bill for the internet. 
And...POOF! one day my internet didn't work. 
Hmmmpph! ... Well, I'll pay that just as soon as the money rolls in to the kitty! 


So over the weekend I used my daughter's internet and paid some bills online...looking at my invoices online for Wi-Fi... I thought I saw some discrepancies. 
Today I called to inquire. The nice lady at Wi-fi.... said, there is no record of my service being off. 

What?!?! 

I told her its been off about 10 days now. I never called because I just assumed it was for non-payment. She said, "No ma'am, we'd call you first."  


Boy, don't I feel sheepish!



She proceeded to tell me that 'someone from support would call back in a few minutes to verify my service is working.' 

It was her. She called me back ...AND! because I'd been without service for 10-15 days, they gave me a credit!

Now, HERE I AM! 

    I MISSED Y'ALL SO MUCH.... FEELING SHEEPISH AGAIN. 

 


5 comments:

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

yay! you're back!
everyone I know that calls the ISP (cable company) to complain about their bill gets it lowered. They never do that for me. I guess they know that I'm really not going to get rid of it. :(
happy you got a credit!
gail

Anonymous said...

Woohooo, thank goodness they gave you credit :)

The Polka Dot Closet said...

That's pretty funny, you thought they had shut your cable off and really it was just out of service! Glad you got it cleared up and your back!

Carol

nannykim said...

Well, why did you have a whopping bill in the first place? Don't you have a fixed monthly rate? One time long ago we had a big bill because it was a dial up service and it was dialing outside our call area! (which was only a few miles away). That was in the old days!!!(probably in the early 90's??) We quickly got out of that service!

Sunny Simple Life said...

Glad this worked out for you. Isn't life so complicated these days. You could spend all day on the phone taking care of business. Ugh!!