Sunday, November 21, 2010

Did I tell you I am the Matriarch of my Family?

ma·tri·arch (māˈtrē-ärkˌ)
noun
  1. A woman who rules a family, clan, or tribe.
  2. A woman who dominates a group or an activity.
  3. A highly respected woman who is a mother.

Well,
I don't know if I 'rule' or 'dominate' our family,clan or tribe...But I am a highly respected woman who is a mother. (WINK,WINK!)
 Being the only daughter out of three children, my mother and grandmother both being deceased, and caring for my daddy (bless his heart) -He is the type of man, who needs people ,someone,in his life  guiding and directing some of his BIG decisions (so that falls to me); I'm a mother and a grand-mother ...I guess that makes me the matriarch of the family! 

I don't know why that occurred to me tonight- but it did, ok? 

I don't EVEN know if I LIKE it- but like elephants one day this will be true of me- When the matriarch dies, one of the oldest offspring takes her place.

Until then-- we'll be having Thanksgiving dinner at our house.  So, I've got some work to be doing-- I'll try and post and certainly check some of you out-- but forgive me if I'm short this week.  It's my MATRIARCHAL DUTY-- TO AT LEAST BE SHORT WITH A FEW PEOPLE! 

God Bless you
and 
Thanks for reading! 






2 comments:

Kolein said...

Love you MOMMA!!!!!

Angie said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!