Thursday, October 4, 2012

::Thinking out Loud ::

My thoughts on my kitchen!

I was recently visiting Jennifer at Town and Country Living's blog... she was sharing her thoughts on her kitchen. Ideas that she has been thinking about tackling in the near future...for the kitchen. She inspires with her thoughts and ideas.

I love it when people just share what they are thinking about. Nothing concrete... just thinking.
I like that.



I've been thinking about my kitchen too. I've been working my way around it one small corner at a time.



I found this old picture of my kitchen from 4 years ago... YIKES! I think I must have taken this photo AT RANDOM! 

Since I'm moving around the kitchen counter clock wise... I have plans for the area on the left; over the fridge and  around the deep freeze. There is plenty of space for storage over the fridge-- and I'd like to enclose the deep freeze to hide it and make it blend in with the rest of the cabinetry.

Not shown in the above photo, is the shelf I've already added over the freezer. I'm still working on this area and hopefully will be able to show it...someday...don't hold your breath, you've seen how slow I move! 

 

I shared what I was thinking about today ...with The Honey...and he put the brakes on it. Said..."no new projects".

He doesn't get me.

That's what I get for thinking out loud!



 

Oh give thanks to the LORD for He is good; His loving kindness is everlasting.
~Psalm 107:1 

 

13 comments:

Melanie said...

But you were just thinking, what's the harm in thinking? It's free too!! There is no work involved for the men when we are just thinking!

Gail said...

I think out loud as well Pat! Don't give up on Hubby yet...maybe he will come to see things your way!!

Laura said...

I love that! No new projects! Our husbands could be best friends!!

You go girl.
Projects are the spice of life.

Laura
White Spray Paint

Cindy The Victorian Journey said...

Good thinking.... I enjoyed your goal, your dream, your thoughts... With out dreams where are we?.. Maybe, the husband will come around to your thinking.. after all where the mind goes the body sometimes follows... Hugs, Cindy

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

Oh the things we "could" do! Just think of the work he's saving you! Ha! I "could have" gotten two darling dressers this morning but had no way to cart them home and no where to put them until I could get do something with them. It's killing me. No one was stopping me, but yet I couldn't find a way to make it happen. It's going to eat at me. Sometimes the dreams are fun, sometimes they haunt. I have got to stop going out looking at the trash piles, there's so much good stuff out there I have to leave to the "crusher"! Good luck with changing his mind on the kitchen. It would be fun to get that done, wouldn't it?
Liz

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

That's how dreams become real life.

Tilly's Nest said...

Wow! I just love the shelf! I can't wait to see the reveal. Keep me posted. I'm cleaning out the closets today. I'd rather be working on redecorating :)

Anonymous said...

Thinking is so much fun, though!
I love your stove, it's wonderful. And you have lots of nice counterspace. White cabinets are my favorite!
And the last photo is absolutely charming!

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I have a lot of things that I've been thinking about doing to the kitchen, flooring, kitchen lighting, countertops. I've been thinking about those counter tops for 34 years now. Something else always seems to come up expense wise when it seems close to happening. About 15 years ago I sat a large marble pastry rolling slab on one side of the old formica to cover the giant scorch mark that was there when we bought our home. I remember the pre-sale walk through. I was like one of those young gals on House Hunters. Oh we'll have to change that, and replace this etc. Well now I'm an old-ish gal and I know the realities of life and finances. I also know now that husbands (mine at least) can be way happy with a kitchen just like it is for a very, very long time. Of course, that doesn't make me stop thinking about the changes I'd like to make.

RHome410 said...

My mind is constantly whirring about possible changes and projects. DH knows not to say such things as yours did! ;-)

I love your yellow bowl with the green stripe, and the ceramic chicken. Is it eggplant/purple? Pretty.

The Boston Lady said...

I try not to think out loud because I'm incoherent and not understood. If I do it cheaply without a lot of fuss, then it seems to work out ok. Your kitchen looks great, I'm envious of your stove! And all that surrounds it. Have you done a post dedicated to it in particular? Or am I just a bad follower? I'm living vicariously thru you homeowners now that I'm a renter! If I could get my hand on a hammer.... Ann

Prior said...

yeah, those Honey's just don't get it...I love the bottom cabinets black and the top white.
Lezlee

Cindy said...

Yes, my hubby rolls his eyes at me, figuratively speaking, when I think out loud. Or maybe he's grimacing, not sure.
Your kitchen has come a long ways, keep thinking and sharing your "thoughts" here, most of us do "get" you.
Hugs, Cindy