Tuesday, October 15, 2013

::Where I talk about “Dancing”?::

::Day 15::
I stayed up late…burning the midnight oil so to speak. Work, Work, Working on my the couch.
I’m to the sewing stages--

Me. Sewing. Didn’t think that would ever happen on a regular basis.  I’m more of a crochet kind of gal. But—after all these years, I’m sewing more than I ever, ever have.
I sew about like I do everything else. I IMPROVISE… a LOT! I sew a little…rip a little…remake it and then see how I like it.

2 Steps forward and 1 step back.

I remember standing on stool at my Granny’s house, as a child with my arms out as if -I’d fly if I leapt off the stool; and she would tell me, “Hold still, just a few more pins. Pins are our friends.”
{I'm using lots of pins.}
She was so meticulous with her sewing. She could whip something up in no time. I would visit her on a weekend and come home with a couple of new outfits for school! :)

Anyway, I don’t know much when it comes to sewing. If I’m not sewing and ripping…I’m watching You Tube.
With upholstery fabric…I’m just not sure.  I don’t like to take the time to do the math.{call me-lazy}  I’ve read and read …still not sure how much fabric it takes to cover a couch this size. I have a couch and a chair and I’m doing a 2-toned effect…so who knows really?

I found this on Pinterest…posted originally on ALL THINGS THRIFTY…thank you for that, Brooke!

How many Upholstery yards highlighted pieces

I highlighted the 2 pieces MOST similar to mine.  The couch is going to have 2 cushions. The chair…similar to the one highlighted…only without the swivel legs.  Mine has 4 legs and sits low to the ground; but the seat is pretty much that style…

I’m sewing…Or dancing depending on who you ask. :)

2 steps forward


Thank goodness...I'm moving forward!

1 31 daysOTHER 31 DAY BLOGGERS—THE NESTER



“Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.”  Matthew 5:8

7 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Well, with sewing-like everything else-practice makes perfect. This ought to be a wonderful piece when it is done and I can't wait to see your finish the dance! xo Diana

Maureen Wyatt said...

That's exactly how I sew! I always mean to do it the correct way but end up figuring it by eye.

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

I'd buy what it says and then a little more. You never know when you might need to make a repair. My neighbor recovered all her chairs/couch and it looks professional. We ended up with them when they refurnished and she brought over the remaining fabric still attached to the bolt. She made me seat covers to keep on them when we had inside pets too. Now I can cover something else or have lots of matching fabric. Definitely upholstery fabric, nice and sturdy.

Melanie said...

You are making progress! 1 step forward is progress and that is better than no progress! Your dance improves with each step and the resulting waltz will be lovely in the end!

Diane said...

Sounds like your on the right track. I have always liked sewing, but have had my share of ripping as well....now dancing is another matter! Diane

A Daughter of the King said...

When I'm reading your blog, I'm always smiling...why is that? :)

The Paisley Butterfly said...

One step at a time is a pretty good way to move forward :)