Sunday, November 10, 2013

:: Weekend Activity ::


I went to the State Fair of Texas back in October.

One of the things I saw there that caught my eye…were these cool Market bags Up-cycled and made from feed sacks!

(my state fair pictures) 
State Fair 2013 036

Well, wouldn’t you know I have a stack of these in the barn!

So… I made some.
"Hippy Dippy" Market bags... 

feedbags-grandkids-etc Nov8 122

…NOW, I have a hand full in my shop!

feed sack pmc

So I sewed these the other day.  I’ve got a few more to sew.  I’m thinking of putting some liners in a few and I have some cute graphics from the feed bags and was thinking of making a couple of little clutches.  What do you think?

I haven’t gotten to watch base ball now that that baseball season and the world series is over--- not a big football fan. But then,Thursday, one of our daughters called and my grandson’s baseball team was going to tournament!!  We went to watch him play ball Friday night and Saturday night!  It’s about 1 hour away—but we don’t get to watch him play much.  So we were excited to go… lost Friday, won Saturday …and we didn’t go today, but he lost the first round this afternoon.  So they’re out of the tournament now.  But man!  they played some good ball both nights.

Today it’s sunny and I washed the living room drop cloth curtains and they are hanging on the line.  I hope they dry –but it looks like I’ll have to press them anyway.

That’s  what we’ve been up to the last few days… How about you? 

Do you have a crafting bug right now?  Been watching your sports team play ball?

Catch as Catch Can @MRL 
FarmGirlFridayHop @ DDH




Shout joyfully to the LORD all the earth. Serve the LORD with gladness; Come before Him with Joyful singing. “
~ Psalm 100: 1-2

14 comments:

Patty Sumner said...

What a neat idea Pat. A very frugal idea I might add. I tried to email you and it was kicked by to me....I still want to know what chi-weenies are.....not much crafting going on here...still lots of remodeling projects.. I do believe I will pull out the Christmas decor soon...itching to get it up so I can enjoy the season a little longer this year.. Have a great one! Blessings!

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

You have a good price on the bags, they are several dollars more here in one of the consignment stores. I think aprons, outdoor place mats, clutches and maybe even a picnic blanket would be great and keep the mess contained since you can just rinse them off.

Granny said...

I love the bags! Those are great prices.

Brenda Pruitt said...

I will admit, one of the perks of not being married is no more sports on TV all the time! Yep, got the crafting DIY bug going on.
Brenda

Cindy said...

Your bags are really nice! I hope they sell, you've got them at rock bottom prices so I don't see why they wouldn't.
Have a good night!

Diane said...

Great bags! I saw some feed sack bib-front aprons last year and thought they were really unique. Love baseball!

Faith said...

You are so clever & handy, sounds like clutches are in the works...looking forward to seeing you strut your cool stuff sister.! I'm always thinking crafts, right now..working on that crochet hooded shawl still, on row 31 now, it is more then 1/2 done. looking good. Have a great week.

Angel said...

I love the bag idea!

Audrey said...

Hi Pat ... Neat idea ... So cleaver and everyone can use a bag.
Thanks for the idea.
Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

My Repurposed Life said...

I, of course spent the weekend in Nashville to do the craft show Making Merry in Berry Hill. It was great to hang out with jamie. :)
I think your bags look a lot better than your inspiration pictures Patricia!
gail

Unknown said...

Pat, those bags are adorable! Love them! I especially like the one with the cute gingham handles!
You go girl!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

That is a very cool recycle idea for the feed bags...we always have a ton of horse feed bags that I could do this with...hmmm.

JoAnn SweetPepperRose said...

Cute - I've thought about doing something with our large dog feed sacks but they are too stinky!! Perhaps the chicken feed sacks smell better? I just use mine for trash sacks...

Sunny Simple Life said...

I love these. You are always making good useful things.