Monday, November 17, 2014

:: Not Normal November

 

…for Texas!  It’s more like January.  We’re not as cold as most states have been already. But we did get a dusting of sleet or winter mix—during the night and it was still there in the morning!  I think the weather man said it hasn’t been this cold here in November since 1990…24 years ago!  My baby-baby… was just a few weeks old!

Not Normal November

Brrrr!

We had a baby shower this weekend for my oldest daughter.  The babies aren’t due until February…but with The Holidays coming…and who knows what with the weather.  This shower was a bit early.  I tried to get the girls to do a combo shower.  But the youngest isn’t wanting a shower this go around. Wha?!   I know… she is very PRACTICAL like her mom. My oldest is Practical too…and insists on DIAPER SHOWERS.  She gets all the consumable stuff she can stand at her showers.  With the last baby she got a wall of diapers and wipes and didn’t have to buy diapers until Vincy was about 10 mos. old!

There was a good turn out on Saturday… all the festivities wore me out! I rested all day yesterday; and crocheted a “Popcorn - stitch Winter Wear”  for my ears!

new winter wear 

It was just in the knick of time too!

Not Normal November 2

I hope you’re staying warm wherever you are!

‘Til next time, Be Blessed!
           Patricia



*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God. ~ Titus 2: 3-5

*~*~*~*

10 comments:

Michelle H said...

Oh, yeah, I do not enjoy a baby shower, either, haha. My best one was just a small group of friends having lunch and presents together. The one I hosted for my daughter was very nice and low-key. I was given one with my 5 year old, and didn't have to buy wipes for about a year. I was amazed. My daughter actually had her baby on Saturday! I'm a grandma. So weird, but so great. It's so funny,but I think my husband is still even more excited than I am - he held her more than I did, it made me giggle to myself. Your ear warmers are wonderful! We had to buy firewood, and did so just in the nick of time! Lately around here it seems as though people advertise wood for sale, then never get back to the people needing to buy it! We paid extra to buy from a man who has a dumptruck, which the kids did enjoy watching immensely!! And, we thanked God plenty that we actually had the money for it this year!

My Repurposed Life said...

yay for the early baby shower! smart thinking!

we had a day off from school today due to snow. I don't think we've ever had it this early before. We're suppose to be in the teens overnight, it hasn't been that cold here since the late 1800's.... when they first started keeping records. I think our average high right now should be around 60. ugh! it's going to be a long, long winter.
I hope you have time to crochet items to keep the rest of ya warm! The headband looks great!

gail

RHome410 said...

What a fun time. 2 BABIES! Wow. :-) Stay warm!

Rhonda said...

Hi Pat. we got snow too, the earliest ever I think the weatherman said. It is cold too but supposed to warm up tomorrow,
So we both have 2 more grandbabies coming soon. aren't we truly blessed?

Shug said...

We did not get as much on the ground as you all.....Wow, though...it is COLD. I'm not complaining...I love being able to wear my long sleeve shirts!! Great job in taking care of your ears....Nice!!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Babies are such a blessing...and a diaper shower sounds like a great idea! Cute photo of you!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

It's very cold here for November too. Brrr!

shannon i olson said...

we have already had below zero wind chills, you would think we know too well what it is like, but it just came from no where so fast that even here in ND we are freezing!! I feel like a whimp! Have fun with the shower, love the ear muff, by January I many need one from head to toe!

A Daughter of the King said...

A diaper shower! So smart!

Sunny Simple Life said...

Brrr... we are a chilly 70 or so though we will only have a high of 62 by Friday and that is cold for us. Congrats to your daughter. How many grandkids will you have now? You are truly blessed.