Thursday, April 30, 2015

Kernals of Corn: April’s End and Duplicity


I can’t believe it’s the end of April already! Where has the time gone? It’s been three months today since these two Littles made their dual entry into the 
world.


twin cousins 3 mos




Today I’m making laundry soap.  I’ve been doing this for about 10 years now—and I’m always happy with the results. When I first started out, I had a front load washer; and didn’t know at the time you’re supposed to run that machine through a CLEAN cycle. There were no settings. Over time—I started to doubt my Homemade laundry soap.  I’m sure it was the machine now.  Fast-forward to today—I have a different machine and am still using the laundry soap and our clothes do actually smell clean!




LAUNDRY SOAP

I made this today. I always double the recipe and it yields about 5 gallons…and lasts me almost 6 mos. 


are you a One-LAUNDRY-DAY-A-WEEK kind of person;  OR are you a One- Load- a-Day type?  

I’m a WASH BY THE WEATHER TYPE…
SUNNY WEATHER OUTLOOK

This is my weather outlook for the next week …SO,I’m going to DOUBLE up on laundry, including bedding and curtains (in some rooms), etc.
Just in case you might have missed it earlier this week… my blog is being duplicated.  DOUBLE ME!  but some of you are following the wrong me on BLOGLOVIN’ 

You may read about it here
OR…
You may
Follow my blog with Bloglovin


If you have already done this THANKS!   Hope you’re having a great week and enjoy your weekend, no matter the weather!

til next time, be blessed
Patricia

6 comments:

Michelle H said...

I did check, following you properly! What a cutie pie pair of cousins! We've come kinda close twice, My oldest daughter is one month younger than my oldest niece and the same sister and I had our 15 year old boys 12 days apart. I felt bad for her that time, though. She was due March 24, me, April 4. I gave birth March 30, her, April 11! I used to make that laundry soap recipe, when I had a nice washer. It was old, well used, and finally gave up the ghost. That recipe didn't work with our newer, but lower end washer. I found one that did work, but it actually cost me more than a large box of Tide at Costco, so we're back with Tide until we can upgrade our washer! The kids always loved grating soap, I'd laugh at them fighting over who's turn it was. My favorite stain remover, though is 2 parts hydrogen peroxide and 1 part Dawn. LOVE IT!! With 5 kids still at home, we do laundry every day!

Michelle H said...

I also think the laundry frequency depends on where your laundry room is - mine is attached to my kitchen, so I start a load before I cook something, get it into the dryer either the next time I cook something or at the end of clean up. I've had in in an attached garage before, and since the laundry had a place to sit (and only three kids at the time), I did it less frequently. My sister has had her washer and drying IN her kitchen before, had to do it pretty regularly then, too, lol.

NanaDiana said...

Look at those little cuties! What fun they are going to have growing up together!
I need to make some more soap one of these days,too, I always make enough for all my kids, too. Hope you have a great night- xo Diana

A Daughter of the King said...

ADORABLE BABIES! I see you in both of them. I have not tried making my own soap.. I use Meyers clean day concentrated and love it. The weather is almost always sunny and warm here, so no need to check the weather report. I am a 1x per week girl, except for sheets; I always do those on Monday. When the kids were young I would wash 2x per week, Monday and Friday, like clockwork. I always think of you, Patricia, when hanging my wash, knowing that you don't have a dryer. Blessings!

Julie @ followyourheartwoodworking said...

I've never made laundry soap, in fact never even thought of doing it, but now I'm curious. Those babies are just lovely... you are truly blessed!

My Repurposed Life said...

sweet babies! you lucky Oma!

great weather here too, I've been so, so busy!

gail