Friday, March 12, 2010

The 70's Called and they want their lights back!



You know everyone loves a good make over
when it comes to hanging light fixtures.

I am no exception-
I like them too.

We've all seen these types made over
to be so casually comfortable
in our homes.
Adding just the right country touch.
* country living *


I know how we all like a beautiful chandelier
hanging in a quaint little corner someplace cozy of course.

* country living *

I love how this reflects in the mirror.




How about this industrial looking lamp
hanging in the center of this room?
So unexpected isn't it?


* country living *


I have a confession to make.


I just love me some good ol' fashioned,
funky,
VINTAGE even,
Way GROOVY,
SWAG-LAMPS!


Yep!
These are hanging in my living room.

I know you're wondering where my wooden spool coffee table and my concrete block bookshelves are...right?

That picture was taken right after I hung them.
I've tidied up the cords somewhat; I like the chains the way they look
even hung together
the way they are.

They don't really 'go' anywhere else.
So I hung three of them in one corner and
I have another lone swag
(not pictured)
hanging in a different corner.

Together they make an impact!

and I know to some they are gaudy looking;
to me they are like jewels
twinkling in the night.


So I was thinking about a slip cover (don't know what it is called) it looks like a scrunchy sleeve to cover the chains- what do you think? Should I make one of those to cover the chains?

That's it for today.
Thanks for visiting.






2 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh this is so funny! To me that is what decorating is all about - doing what you like and not following the in crowd. When we met our college friends in Disney World I was telling my old college room mate I still was using some of furniture we had while living off campus. She wondered what happened to the concrete blocks and shelves and I told her I took them with me - and used them in our first two apartments. We laughed about that. I never have what is "in" at the time it is "in". Do your own thing!

Teacup Lane (Sandy)

Kolein said...

I AM ROARING LAUGHING RIGHT NOW AND CAN BARELY TYPE THIS COMMENT!
I LOVE YOU!