Wednesday, February 29, 2012

On the Home Front--



  • Right off the bat the highlight of my week has been my newest grandson. 

Everything else (this side of heaven) pales in comparison to him!


Here is a just a laundry list of things going on in our neck of the woods. 
 I have no pictures to share. I either stole them from my son's facebook or from previous posts on my blog...long story short, I'm once again borrowing a computer; this time my computer is on the fritz-- I haven't uploaded any pictures on this one--because, well, I'm sure you can figure that one out.

  •  I was in the garden today, finally we have peas on our 'fall peas' that we planted in October!  I am happy about that.  I was starting to wonder if we were going to get any at all. 

The thing is-- we've had a mild winter, but at times have had to cover the boxes with plastic and hoop frames---
 cold frames- tomatoes- fall gardens 021  ...so when these boxes are covered there are no flying insects to pollinate the plants.  It's not until I uncover and the wind and elements and flying what's-it's are able to get in there and do their thing and bring on the peas.  But today~ I noticed success! Yay!


Again, today, I let the little chickies out for another stroll around the yard.

Chicken Stroll 002 It was fun to watch them forage behind the barn. I propped the door open to the pen and every so often I would look out there and see one or two inside there-- as if they were saying to one another, " Yep, the door is still open.  Let's get out there while we still can and enjoy this nice weather!"  I enjoy my chickens so much.



  • I've had the Littles this week... they've enjoyed being outside as much as the chickens. We've had mild breezy temps in the 60's so far.   They keep me on my toes. 

This picture of daffodils was taken last year around this time. They always start to bloom around February 14th.  They look pretty much the same this year. You can take my word on it! 

I had some momentum going around here getting some projects finished and out of the way-- and now this week it looks like we'll be having temporary house guests for about 1 month.

  • I must say, I'm very grateful for the home that LORD has provided for us!~ He makes a way for us to share it with others. 

I'll post more on that later--





8 comments:

Clint Baker said...

Our Springer Spaniel has a sock monkey that she carries everywhere, lol! Your garden looks good!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Great update. I can't wait to get into my garden this spring.

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

You are always so busy! My daffodils are just leaves, with a tiny bud here and there. It has been sunny and warm over the last few days, teasing me. I want Spring to arrive.
Thanks for the update, good luck with the puter and the house guests. We'll be here, you take care of business. :)
gail

dr momi said...

Congratulations on your new grandson!!

Boho Farm and Home said...

Oh Pat! Congratulations!! Love the hoop house btw.:)
xo
Caroline

RHome410 said...

A gorgeous boy! Congratulations!

And peas, too... A very great week. ;-)

Geneva said...

Congratulations! You're right! Everything else pales in comparison... but I must say, you guys sound VERY busy! Always fun reading about your world!
Geneva

momto8 said...

congrats to you!!