Friday, February 24, 2012

On Starting an Etsy Shop:

I visited The Cozy Little House today… GOOD NEWS! Her shop is open and she had lots of sales already!  I’m so proud of Brenda for doing this and hope that her Cozy Little House Shop adventure is profitable and fun!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
It was very informative. Judy answered a lot of questions I had, regarding starting an Etsy shop. Her shop is just a little over a year old and it is doing quite well.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Then of course there is Claudia at Mockingbird Hill Cottage 
She has just opened up shop too; back in November right before Christmas and her shop is doing well too!

I’ve been reading up on starting an Etsy shop and am toying around with the idea. These ladies are great examples of what a little bit of hard work, research and guts can do for you if you're inclined to start your own little business venture.
I hope as I watch their businesses grow and do my own research and get to making, that I’m able to start a store myself.
I’m thankful there are places like Etsy out there.
Be sure and stop in and visit their blogs and offer a show of support ,if you can, in their stores too. By shopping Etsy stores for your home decor or gift items—you’re supporting the artist OR vendor…not the middle man!
Wishing you all Congratulations and continued success in your shops and Etsy experience! You all have great talent. 


Other links you might like to read if interested in starting an Etsy Shop:


                                                ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
She selects wool and flax  and works with eager hands.
She is like the merchant ships, bringing her food from afar.
She gets up while it is still dark; she provides food for her family
and portions for her servant girls. She considers a field and buys it;
out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.
She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks.
She sees that her trading is profitable, and her lamp does not go out at night.
In her hand she holds the distaff and grasps the spindle with her fingers.
She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy.
When it snows, she has no fear for her household; for all of them are clothed in scarlet.
She makes coverings for her bed; she is clothed in fine linen and purple.
Her husband is respected at the city gate, where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.
She makes linen garments and sells them, and supplies the merchants with sashes.
She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.
She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.—Proverbs 31:13-27
~God Bless you and Thanks for Reading.

6 comments:

Claudia said...

Thanks so much for featuring my shop. It's so kind of you. I had better get to work! Have to crochet more scarves!

xo
Claudia

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

I have thought about it, but I'm not not sure yet. Thanks for the info.

Cindy said...

I send my congratulations to anyone who has, as you say, the guts, to start their own shop on Etsy. Go for it, Pat, there may be a market out there for what you enjoy making.
Hugs, Cindy

shannon i olson said...

oh I have been kicking this around too. Not too seriously but..... thanks for the info and Brenda's blog is one of my absolute favs!

Intentional Living Homestead said...

So many talented people out there....beautiful.

Thanks for posting all the links.

Ral @ARTbyRT Seascapes and Island Life said...

I'm enjoying my visit here! It very easy to have an etsy shop, bringing people to it is a little harder:) Aloha Raliegh