Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Going Strong-- ICAD Week 3

** edited to say... for those keeping count, this is actually week 3 for ICAD, not week 4 -- I change the title. ;)
I haven’t blogged much in the past week—but I’ve kept up with other things… like ICAD. Debbie, you asked for a reminder of what it stands for?… INDEX- CARD- A- DAY (you can read about the original ICAD here
image
Except for the index cards, I haven’t bought any supplies.  I’m very low key here in my art adventure. I’ve not even used glue or scissors! Just map pencils, ink pens, or Crayola Markers.
route 66 ICAD 2015
OH!  and my imagination.
greeting card
Gail, asked how I had the time for it? … simple, just don’t do anything else!  No, not really.  I kid.
I try not to spend more than 10 mins or so on my little index cards… but I find it so relaxing.
image
HAD TO GOOGLE WABI-SABI--- had no idea what that was!
  1. Wabi-sabi (侘寂 ?) represents a comprehensive Japanese world view or aesthetic centered on the acceptance of transience and imperfection. The aesthetic is sometimes described as one of beauty that is "imperfect, impermanent, and incomplete".  -Wikipedia
image
Who hasn’t thought of running away to live in a tree house?

image
Do you see the Snowman?  When you read that… you have to sing that to the tune of “Do You wanna build a Snowman?”
image
Color wheel… probably not accurate. But I used every marker I had! In multiples…
image
I also Googled this one… just to find out the origin of the Smiley Face… since the emoticon has pretty much absconded with all manner of Smiley… It has been around since the 40s and had a reoccurrence in the 60s.  So technically not a 1970s thing…but I was a kid.  I remember the Smiley Face…before texting, and Wal-Mart! Winking smile 

‘Til Next time,
which will probably be much sooner than you think. Trying not to neglect the blog, along with other things  I’ll share that with you soon.  
Busy Doing!
Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep:
So shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth; and thy want as an armed man.
~ Proverbs 24:33-34

10 comments:

Diane said...

Fun cards! Love your tree house, and the smiley face is very 70s to me too. I still have a smiley face pin a friend gave me back then. For the record, I had to look up wabi sabi too!

Shug said...

This looks like a lot of fun!! I might have to give it a try. Summer time is made to do things that make you relax. Enjoy! Hugs!

Michelle H said...

Hahaha! I automatically read the snowman words to the tune - three of my kids are still nuts over that movie! What a wonderful project, I just love it, I think I want to do it next year!

kim said...

It looks like your having fun with your index card art, Pat!
It's really showing off how creative you are.

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

I'm glad you are having fun with it. It's probably a good record of what was on your mind that day,.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Beautiful and fun, but I know I would never have time for it. I'll enjoy yours for now.

A Daughter of the King said...

I've always loved the term Wabi-sabi. I'd even considered it for my blog name at one time. Becky's Wabi-sabi life. Your cards are wonderful!

A Daughter of the King said...

I've always loved the term Wabi-sabi. I'd even considered it for my blog name at one time. Becky's Wabi-sabi life. Your cards are wonderful, Patricia.

My Repurposed Life said...

I can't imagine what I would be drawing (doodling) if I did ICAD

I do an index card a day... my perpetual calendar jamie gave me several years ago. It's fun each night reading what happened 1 and 2 years ago today. :)

love your art!

Debbie said...

Thank you! I'm going to now go and read all about it! :)