Saturday, November 24, 2012

:: Outdoor Dining ::

 I didn't show much Fall/ Thanksgiving Decor this year; because well... I didn't do much of it. 
I painted this screen earlier in the week...it was headed for the trash on Monday...and I painted a fall scene on it; using paints I had from my stash of Ooops! Paint. ...it got lots of laughs. Apparently my pumpkins ...had kind of a pinkish hue (because I didn't have orange and had to mix my own) and looked more like FANNIES than pumpkins. You can just imagine! 


But knowing that we'd have all 6 of the kids here with their kiddos too... I figured we'd need extra seating. 
We generally do a buffet style and let people sit where ever with a table set up for the kids.

This is something a drug up from the barn and threw together on Monday too. 


I had fun with this table and chairs...it was easy enough a 3 year old could help with no worries of messing it up!  
I'll show you next week probably the befores and afters of this little project and it took no time at all!  AND. WAS. PRACTICALLY FREE!  

I wish time would have allowed---I would have painted the bench seat green to match. I may still do this, as I have green paint left over! 

This is one of my favorite things right now.  A cute spot eat outside! 


Photobucket

                               MHC- 

 
Then he said to them,
 "Go, eat of the fat, drink of the sweet, and send portions to him who has nothing prepared; for this day is holy to our Lord.
 Do not be grieved, for the joy of the LORD is your strength."
Nehemiah 8:10

 


10 comments:

Sandy said...

Your idea of painting the screen was
a cute one, pink pumpkins and all...
I do hope you all had a great Thanksgiving.
Mine was very quiet, first one in years
and I loved it.. (don't tell the kids)
Enjoy your holidays
Sandy

Claudia said...

I envy you being able to eat outside at this time of year! Oh my,it's very cold here today. Love your screen and your table and chairs.

Thanks so much for joining in this week!

xo
Claudia

Sally Annie Magundy said...

Your painted screen is darling, such a cute idea!

Isn't it fun to eat outside on the porch?! You've made yourself such a nice spot to enjoy.

Happy holiday weekend!

Olive said...

It's lovely you can dine outside for Thanksgiving.

Balisha said...

How clever to paint a screen...I never thought of it. I think that I have painted everything else.
Balisha

Angel said...

I love both projects! In the pic the pumpkins look darker so I like them!
I need to come over and visit with you on the porch!

Nadine @ Chic with the Kool-Aid Mustache said...

Lovely little outside escape...now that it's cold I miss miss grilling and eating al fresca...never thought to paint a screen, great idea!

Revi said...

Ha! Your fanny pumpkins "cracked" me up! But seriously, I liked them. Nice job.:)
-Revi

Diane said...

Nifty idea-- was it hard to paint on a screen? Love those chair "ties." How fun would it be to do red/green for Xmas. Black/orange for Halloween?

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

perfect for extra seating!
hahahah fannies! I wouldn't have seen it if you hadn't pointed it out. :)

gail