Friday, September 19, 2014

:: Easily Distracted from My Duties-


It’s almost Fall! 
This weekend’s plans are to prep the beds for a Fall garden, turn the soil mix in some compost and decide what cool weather veggies I want to grow.  The chicken coop needs cleaning out – having no Littles  this weekend will possibly mean we can make quick work of it and I can work in my craft room UNINTERRUPTED!
I want to sew! Last week sometime I received this in my email …
aqua and coral bedding
Courtesy of Groupon and my iPhone.


Isn’t it beautiful?  I just love the combination of aqua and coral together. I think this bedding would be lovely on my bed with my Frankentable next to it.  I should probably NOT call that my Frankentable anymore.  It has shapely legs, and a cheerful Terra Cotta Red color… almost coral to some degree.  It is deserving of a more suitable name.

But I don’t name furniture.

I am also not that into chevron. So I did what any of you would do… I typed ‘aqua and coral bedding’ into my browser and came up with these lovelies.

aqua and coral baby quilt
This would look adorable in my CAMPER! :) 


Especially, since we’ve agreed that we want the outside accent color to be a turquoise…aqua shade of blue.
I’m not sure the pattern or names of these quilts…but they are what I call PATCHWORK and that works for me!
I especially like the odd-like layout of this pattern. Really, it just doesn’t matter the pattern… aqua and coral. Just no chevron.

  aqua and coral patchwork

I’ve got quilts I could be working on over the Fall and Winter months ahead.  They are quilts that my MIL pieced together and began quilting.  But I would really …more and more…

aqua and coral quilt kit
Courtesy SunnySide Designs (etsy)

rather have something that is my taste.  Not my MIL.  Not my Granny’s.  Not my Mom’s. Just wanted to note:  today marks 15 yrs since my mother passed.  I miss her. I'm still drawn to her style... Thrifted and Well-loved.

I do have one quilt I could work on in the coming months…it is one I pieced together years ago and it is made from some of my maternity clothes. 

Hmmm… If I can just stay focused and get my outside work done in a quick hurry…


Til next time, Be Blessed!



*********************************************************************
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus,
who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. -Romans 8:1

* other photos in this post courtesy of Google Images.

3 comments:

Donna said...

I have a tough time staying focused too but I'm determined to overcome it. I love the quilt you said would look good in your camper! Very nice.

I wish you well in your weekend endeavors!

Take care,
D~~~~

Unknown said...

Make hay while the suns shine as Ma would say. I wanted to DO things and ended up shampooing carpets while the weather turned nice for windows to be open. Do what has to git done then fun time lol.
I loved Mom's patchwork quilts.

Patty Sumner said...

I hope you get that coop cleaned. When my Grands are not here I just want to rest...lol. I love the aqua and teal and browns together.. the Last quilt was my favorite.. I just got a new computer today.. My old one crashed and I just was able to replace it.. I have been mia from blog land... I got the info on the creative blog hop just did not have computer to complete info.... I will look over things and send asap.. thanks for including me.. Blessings!