Tuesday, September 2, 2014

:: It’s Always More than a Few Days with Me-


Uh…
A ‘few days’ I said. 

I’ll be back in a FEW DAYS?  To show you what I’ve done with  all the cables and the flat screen We were given 8 months ago…FOR CHRISTMAS?!?!?! 

A few days, how time flies!   My goodness and here it is September 2nd.  Two months… and 1 day. That’s more than a few days, wouldn’t you say?

DSCF4425

Still… I have a cord issue.
But not like it was. Remember?

Flat Screen Dilemma
No.  But here is what I did. I brought back the old entertainment center. Plain and Simple. I was desperate!  That One-EYED wall was just making me nuts! Especially with all those cords hanging there like a tangled web of chaos! 

I took the old entertainment center and WHACKED IT OFF!  I was trying not to spend any money. I tried a different piece of furniture under the TV …that cute little table in the corner was one of them.  It just didn’t seem right. I did NOT take pictures of all of them.

DSCF4408

I had already started filling this cabinet in my craft room with fabric and craft supplies. After all—it was perfect for all that!  But then one day… the cords just almost pushed me over the edge.  Actually, the thought of any electronic component falling off that table and hitting a child on the head…SCARED THIS OMA HALF TO DEATH! 

Then the idea hit me!  What if I just cut enough of the cabinet off so that it fits under the TV and put that thing back where it came from!  Back where it belongs!!! AND THAT'S WHAT I DID!

For the record, it has been done for about 2 months.  I just haven’t blogged about it. Why?  Well, because I didn’t paint that board yet!  See the slat in between the doors?  Yes—I added that because I didn’t like the gap there. But I just never painted it.

I love it when things just come together with little or no money!  It just blesses the home!
 DSCF4414

After I bought that great $3 chair last week…with the awesome vintage green vinyl.  I tweaked this corner a little bit and remembered I forgot to show the cabinet.  So there you go! I haven’t done anything with the seat yet… except sit on it!I do like how it compliments my FREE CYCLE RUG TOO!
 I’m checking my options- I don’t want to rush into anything.
You know ‘cause it’s always more than a few days with me!


Til next time, Be Blessed!




I forgot today was TUESDAY!  Here are the parties I'm sharing with:

Tuesdays with a Twist@ Stone Cottage Adventure
Tweak it Tuesday @ Cozy Little House
Vintage Inspiration Party @ Knick of Time 



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
The LORD is my strength and my shield; My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart exults, And with my song I shall thank Him. ~Psalm 28:7

10 comments:

Patty Sumner said...

Leave it up to you to come up with a great idea for your tv....the corner looks great. I love all the quilts stacked up and the green chair...love! Have a great week! Blessings!

camp and cottage living said...

Pat
It looks wonderful!! And I like the new chair too, what a steal.
It takes me forever to get things done these days too, I'm not
sure why......

Faith said...

Looking Good, you are so creative.

Shug said...

You make me smile.......what a great idea and it turned out just perfect. AND.....the corner looks wonderful as well..... Good for you....I know it makes your day..

Blessings.
shug

A Daughter of the King said...

Its looking good, Pat! I love the little corner. We solved this problem by drilling a hole in the wall and sending the cords down, then out another hole. I bought white cord channel thingys at Lowe's to take the uglies around the baseboard. The blueray player is in a low cabinet. Jim took the top drawer out and hinged it to open and close. It is held closed by cabinet magnets. I agree, cords are ugly and must be hidden whenever possible :-D

Revi said...

I like this project! Great idea. :)

Diane said...

Looks really good! And coming from someone who has been painting her LR and DR all summer, I have no comment on the time issue!

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

I'm glad you got that all worked out! We don't have a flat screen yet so have not had to deal with that but will need to come up with ideas someday. Up until now all our neighbors have given us their old TVs as they upgrade so free is good. I like the new chair too.

Connie said...

There is nothing nicer than a "spend no money fix up".
I love what you have done here!
Steve wants to put his surround sound up. It has been in boxes ever since our move. I'm like, I hate cords. So, he told me to come up with a plan . . . because he is missing his great sound. If it were me, I would donate the surround sound to the Goodwill, LOL. I"m thinking that molding with a groove cut out on the underside to hide the cords:)
It will be done: In A Few Days, LOL.
I love that cabinet and your chair with the quilt, very pretty.
Keep Smiling,
Connie :)

My Repurposed Life said...

so happy the cabinet takes care of the cord problem. :)

the chair looks fabulous with the quilt on it.

have a great weekend!
gail