Thursday, August 28, 2014

Occasionally, Chairs


So, I went to town on Monday, to meet my daughter and drop of her children to her after work. On the way home, I just had to turn into the Resource Center. I am still looking for a phonics book. (Abeka Blue-Back Speller, 2nd hand) …that’s my excuse story and I’m sticking to it. :)
Anyway- I found this chair.

Green Occasional Chair
I left without it. But as you can plainly see –it’s sitting on my front porch. I went back for it on today, Thursday.
I thought about it and I really was drawn to the green (what I thought was leather) on this chair.
 strong lines

I also like the strong lines and solid way that it’s built.

Dirty Old Chair

Turns out it isn’t leather. But it is very dirty.  It was $3 bucks! If I’d bought it on Monday… it would have been half that, yep…$1.50 !!! 

before and after mr clean

After I got it home today I started cleaning it up with Mr. Clean Magic Eraser… I love those things!  I think it’s going to clean up nicely.  It sturdy and solid. I know exactly where I want to put it for now. Until I decide what to do about it; in the mean time, I’m just going to enjoy the vinyl green cover on it.  I would LOVE  to find something similar to recover this chair.

Green arm chair

If I could do something about the springs… without losing this vintage upholstery I would.  But the springs need to be re-tied and a little bit of padding wouldn’t hurt!  You know where this is going don’t you?

Any suggestions?  What would you do with this chair?  

I’ve been looking at chairs on Pinterest  :: Occasionally, Chairs:: 

Because well, you know I have that ONE that used to belong to my Grandmother; from the Barn and all the junk I’m redoing in my HQ Junk Expo 

But how could I pass up this $3 chair? 

Til next time, Be Blessed!



You may also like to see some of the treasure  All the junk in my barn you can read “What’s in My Barn” here
linking up to these parties: 
cATCH aS cATCH cAN #178 @ MRL
tHRIFTY lIFE tHURSDAY @ rEVISIONARY lIFE
fURNITURE fEATURE fRIDAY @ MMS

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Be anxious for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanks giving let your request be made unto to God; And the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension will guard your heart and minds in Christ Jesus.  ~~ Philippians 4:6-7

12 comments:

White Lace and Promises said...

Great bones, huh? Are you gonna try to cover it? Can't wait to see!

Deanies Stash said...

What a nice looking chair!

Shug said...

Wow....what a great find!! Just needed a little cleaning up! Love the price!!

Kris said...

I would have snatched that chair up too! You can remove the vinyl and add padding, and probably wouldn't even have to do anything to the springs. Good shopper!!!
XO Kris

My Repurposed Life said...

I also would have snatched it up for $3!

I don't know much about springs, but is there anyway you can go at them from the bottom? Remove the lining and try to work there? grasping at straws here. lol

Audrey said...

Looks like a very comfortable chair. Great price. Hope you can tie the springs. I know you will make it pretty and comfortable.
Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

A Daughter of the King said...

The sewing room?

Angel said...

I would love to help you re-cover it if we could set the time and BOTH not be busy! LOL

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Well you overpaid lol!!! Love it, I have no idea how to do springs, to bad they can't be fixed from the bottom? I know you will figure something out, in the mean time I bet it is pretty comfy!

Carol

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

How about a crocheted seat cushion? Honestly, it looks good like it is too.

Alex M said...

I agree with Kristina, just put a nice seat cushion over it. The fact that it's vinyl meals you don't have to worry about mildew and mites having gotten inside of it. What a great chair for a porch!

Revi said...

This chair has great bones! I'll bet you tie the springs and make it even more wonderful. Do a tutorial for me, will you? :) Great find...thank you for sharing at Revisionary Life!