Some people will look at paper flooring as cheap and lazy. Maybe even refer to it as tacky.
But I’m here to dispel that idea. Everyone knows or has heard that when we get to HEAVEN
we’ll be walking on streets of GOLD, right? The Gold we walk on there will NOT outshine theGlory of God. So,I don’t look at that notion as anything other than ASPHALT.
Some people want nothing but the best on their floors. Tile, wood, Marble, etc.
I say…Why Not Paper?
How and Why I papered my wood floor – to look like wood.
The bottom line? COST.
We’re getting our house ready to sell. Our kitchen floor was in pretty bad shape… It was under-layment for starters…
It had been painted…with the help of a then 2 1/2 year old.
It was gouged and had residual glue from previous flooring. (PAPERING already in progress
in this photo)
Renting a sander was another expense we weren’t in the position to afford with the budget
or time! NOT TO MENTION ability. I don’t know that we would have been up to a floor sanderand THEN… the floor refinishing.
As for materials:
- Builders Paper
- Elmer’s Wood OR All Purpose Glue
- Minwax Stain(your choice of color)
- Scratch repair Pens
Everything else I had on-hand! --
- Including the Gallon Poly-urethane (I use oil based)from my previous flooring project, 3 years ago. The trick is—stir, don’t shake. Pour out what you need and close tightly. Mine did not harden up; so I was able to use it up! Worked out well for me. The original cost of POLY 5 years ago? $14.99 at BIG LOTS! A bargain, wouldn’t you say?
- Paint Roller and tray and
- 3 Brushes(1 for glue/1 for stain/1 for poly)
With most everything we needed, on hand already—all we spent for this floor at the time we started was about $30 bucks. This is an eat in kitchen – so $30 bucks for a NEW FLOOR in a kitchen and dining space is pretty inexpensive.
I’m so happy with it. I love how it turned out.
This turned out to be a really long post—
YES! even longer than this. :/ So, I’ll be back later with the HOW I did it this time. The new improved way of getting it done—since the last time I papered a floor. Be sure and check back for the rest of my PAPERFLOORING STORY. ;)
‘Til next time, Be Blessed~
“Do not grow weary in well doing for in due season you will reap if you faint not.” Galatians 6:9