Monday, January 12, 2015

:: A Party and Projects-

 

So if the last project I did in  2014 was my floor--- and you saw the pictures here and here.  Then you know… at some point my kitchen HAS TO GET A NEW PAINT!

That is exactly what I’ve been doing this past week… that and getting ready for a surprise baby shower that our two oldest daughters were throwing HONORING the youngest daughter.  I think she was surprised… take a look!  

Surprise

It’s January y’all!    Just a matter of weeks and we’ll be blessed with 2 …new grandbabies!  Littles, Littles GALORE!

WHALE THEME BABY SHOWER

So… of course getting a house ready to sell is still, for me is bittersweet. I have much anxiety. More than I’ve shared here with you.  That’s another post.

The progress on the paint?  I’ll try to just give it to you in a 1-2-3 fashion… so not to make this too long.

 yellow wall around stove

 

  • Getting rid of Yellow (in progress)
  • Touching up lower and upper cabinetsafter paint lower cupboards 
  • Patching Hole near vent hoodhole to patchfrom the last time I moved it 8 inches  -from that post…
    • Then I shoved and pulled and pushed that heavy stove over toward the table a whole 8 inches.  Yes folks... 8 inches is all it took to make a difference in the foot path of my kitchen.  My work triangle is complete and works so smoothly now! after paint

  • Also patching the cracks over the doors—no before photo, Only during.

Header cracks over the doors

Yes! There is my step-back cupboard that the hubby built with my youngest son. STILL in the living room. Whoever said, “These things take time.” – sure knew what they were talking about!

There is much more going on and plenty more to talk about—and I’m not even going to talk about the weather.  It is what it is… Besides doing all this—that I’ve mentioned, I’m in the process of decluttering, and cleaning out. I’m working on budget goals and paper work too.

What projects are you working on?  Are you hunkered down for a long winter’s nap—and just taking life easy? 

‘Til next time, Be Blessed~

      Patricia



*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~colossians 3 23-24

10 comments:

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

You are sure having a full month, Pat! The baby shower sounds fun...such an exciting time!

A Daughter of the King said...

Yes, an exciting time! My youngest is due January 25th.

Shug said...

You are a busy lady and I admire your hard work. Congrats on the upcoming births... Prayers for you to feel the peace of God in your life, as you embark upon these changes. Blessings....

Debbie said...

My goodness you have your plate full...this coming from the Queen of panic attacks. Congratulations on your new little babies coming! May God bless you and give you strength :)

Kris said...

First of all, congratulations on the new grandbabies. Nothing like it in my book! Ours just light up our lives!! Kitchen is coming along nicely. So much hard work! Why are you moving?
xo Kris

Diane said...

Busy, busy! Looks like a lovely shower! "Taking life easy?" What does that mean?! LOL!

The Boston Lady said...

It is very stressful preparing the house to sell! I hear you on that. Love seeing the shower pictures and the decorations. You have A LOT going on! One day at a time. Ann

My Repurposed Life said...

You make me feel like a slug! lol I had good intentions... and I'm still trying to declutter, but today, nothing happened. :( (Etsy order and a small craft and a large staging issue, but nothing to make me go "awww that felt good")

what a pretty Mamma! Yep, she looked surprised. Congrats on all the great stuff going on! Keep on keepin' on Patricia!
gail

Audrey said...

The baby shower decorations look so pretty. Congratulation on your growing family of "littles".
Glad you are making good progress in getting your house all fixed up. Amazing what a little paint will do. Take care.
Audrey

NanaDiana said...

Wow- YOu have been a busy gal. Love the surprise party. She does look surprised! Two new babies coming. WOW! That is really exciting. Do they live close to each other so the babies will grow up together?

Good luck on finishing your house and getting it ready for sale. I know it is bittersweet for you. I am still recovering here but gradually feeling better. xo Diana