This is an UPDATE from last weeks Stolen URL post… URL at Bloglovin’ is Stolen.
I’m posting an update and I suppose making a RETRACTION at the same time.
Sometime back, I clicked the ‘claim it’ button (seen here in the bottom right) on Bloglovin’ filled out the information, and inserted a button onto my sidebar; unbeknown to me, that is when a lot of my trouble started. Trouble I made for myself.
Me. I did that.
I did NOT even check to see that the URL at the top of the page was accurate or not. So about a week ago when I noticed it was quite different…but I could obviously click through and make adjustments and so forth, I naturally thought I’d been hi-jacked or scraped again.
I was slightly panicked.
I’m here to tell you that is not the case. “APPLAUSE”
…”No hacking, nothing magical or mysterious.” he said.
I spent quite a few hours on Google HELP forum, this past weekend, speaking to a Tech there and he assured me—that is also my blog! He shared some links with me and gave an explanation for all of it.
Things that I can’t even begin to explain to you--
Things you’re just dying to know, though, right? Just in case you’re NOT techno-savvy. I thought I’d break it down for you.
- Bloglovin’ is sort of like an old time Telephone Directory. You remember those right?
These aren’t really old—if they were, they wouldn’t be as pretty, they’d be much thicker; and I could use them for booster seats for the LITTLES! ;) That’s what we used them for when we didn’t have enough high chairs! did any of you do that?
- On Bloglovin’… All of your favorite places that you frequent or dial into via the internet, are there—because you’ve customized it.
- Other people, dial into your blog-- some from other countries around the world.
- Because we have freedom of speech here… in the USA, we can pretty much say what we want; though Google has a NO-CHILD-PORNOGRAPHY RULE across ALL IT’S PRODUCTS. I say good for them!
- …anyway, Some countries are limited to what can be said. Google, watches out for the laws and rules there, and limits our content going into those countries according to THAT COUNTRY’S laws.
- To do that—they give those countries their own index- DOT whatever. In order to keep it all straight. Simple as that.
I’ve looked- there are URLs for my blog, in Germany (.de) Belgium (.be) and Canada (.ca) and that is pretty good. My blog is being read in all those places. Corn in my Coffee-pot HAS GONE GLOBAL,y’all!
I assure you—when you read Corn in my Coffee-Pot… I’m blogging right here from TEXAS! dot USA. I’ve not left!
It’s just that my blog has an alias! Your blog might have an alias too!
Now for all those who might read here on occasion and think I don’t have a clue what I’m doing…
HERE’S THE PROOF!
‘Til next time, blessings!
Here are some links that were shared with me through Blogger Help Forum, you might find them helpful.