Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Surveying the Property between Bouts of Rain

 

We’ve had a lot of rain! All of Texas… and here in our little part of it, this 3 day weekend was much of the same! The grass is getting taller, we can’t mow. Water is standing in the field and around the house. There are people that have lost much… home, and family.  The news report is sad.

Our problems are just that… problems. I’m grateful that its just minimal here;  and at the same time…prayerful for others that have it worse.

This was taken after the rain last night. Soggy water-logged puddles everywhere.

We had Tornado Warnings last night and my son said the sirens we’re going off on his side of the lake.  We don’t hear the sirens here.  Thank goodness.  I’ve lived where there were sirens used…and it just makes my anxiety go UP!

The rain gauge this morning said 5 inches… I’m sure it was more than that… when it’s full, where does it go?!

Today, my youngest daughter went for orientation for her new job.  She is going back to work and putting that nursing degree use.

We had 5 Littles today. This is Liam. 

iphone pics 028

He gets the rocking chair to himself…just like Vince used to do. I sit there and rock him to sleep and then put him in the play pen.  For now, we rotate the babies, another play pen would sure come in handy!  I’ll be looking for one second hand. When I took this Bash was asleep too. 

Not sure how that happened…but it was nice and quiet for about 45 minutes.

The others got a fun lesson in feeding the craw-dads.

A little bacon, a little string, a whole lot of patience. Smile 

iphone pics 042

Not this one.  He didn’t care to have mud squishing in his toes! 

That’s it here… in our wet and soggy part of the world.

Hope y’all are staying high and dry. If you see water crossing the road… turn around and don’t drown.   Don’t chance it.

‘Til next time, be blessed.

Patricia

9 comments:

holli said...

There was nothing better when I was a kid then going to spend the day with my grandparents. I loved going crawdad fishing in our ditches.

My Repurposed Life said...

It's been all over the news, so incredibly sad the things that are happening around your parts. I'm happy to hear you're safe and sound, but many prayers go out to those who are suffering.

great pics of the littles! oh my! so many littles, growing up so fast!
gail

NanaDiana said...

Look at that sweet baby sound asleep. I love it. How wonderful that you are able to help the kids out like you do. That is just a wonderful thing. I am sure they are appreciative of it, too.
I am so sorry you have had so much rain there...and I think you had drought conditions for a couple of years, too? Seems like there ought to be a happy medium somewhere. xo Diana

Liz said...

Oh my 5 littles all at once! lol.. They sure are cute! So sad to read and see on tv all of the flooding in your area. Prayers to all affected!

A Daughter of the King said...

Seem as though your house was flooded too ~ with love! :-)

Claudia said...

You guys have been really getting the rain! We're in the midst of a thunderstorm right now, one of those summer storms that comes out of nowhere with the sky getting very dark and the wind kicking up. I love them, but they also make me nervous with all the trees that surround our house!

Laura said...

The news reports here in Texas have been so tragic- I can't stop thinking about those families.

Your grandchildren are precious!

Laura-

Shug said...

hope all is safe with you and your family.....and that all of this rain is not causing any flooding issues for you all. It is so sad to know that so many people have lost their homes and many have lost their lives. :(

take care friend...

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Stay safe down there, it has been so tragic.
I've never fed crawdads but if I get the chance, I think I will!