Tuesday, June 30, 2015

A Flea Market Day--


Saturday we had no kiddos!  We had tentative plans with our oldest (his daughter)- to visit and have lunch. But she moved it to Sunday…which was fine. That meant CAMPER WORK!

But is rained.  The ground was a soggy mess and not ideal for running extension cords and tools out.

So we did the next best thing.

FLEA MARKET!!!
sink and fridge

We bought a used fridge and a small, light-weight sink.  We bought this one for $5 bucks… and afterward, we found a small stainless sink for $10, that would have been perfect;  I think this one will be fine. We are always on the look out for parts for the camper. We’re making some head-way on the inside—I’ve posted about that on the other blog.

Honey was looking for a replacement pair of METAL SNIPS… he’s lost a good pair; and he needs them for work on the camper.  We always have something in mind when we shop the thrift store, the Flea Market… or even yard sales.

The man we bought the sink from had a stack of four cushions… sturdy, clean (SMELL IS EVERYTHING!) firm cushions. 

icad wk 5 060

I’ll be recovering them; besides I have to make some modifications to them anyway.  I think they’ll work for what we need.

We only been to a few yard sales this year…RAIN IS A BIG FACTOR.  I make a running list of things I’m looking for, so not to amass too much CLUTTER.  always a problem!

Are you having any luck with sales this year in your area?  Are you having a sale?   I haven’t thought that far ahead… but an end of season sale might be happening.

Til Next Time, be blessed!
Patricia

She watches over the affairs of her household; and does not eat the bread of idleness. ~Proverbs 31:27

5 comments:

NanaDiana said...

I haven't been to a single sale all summer. I need to go look for some bikes for the girls for summer to ride when they are here. xo Diana

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Nice finds! I recently found about six or seven books in the series I like, I am always on the lookout for books. These were hard cover and only $2.95 each. We have a Savers discount place which takes donations and uses the proceeds to help various charities plus we have a good indoor bookstore at our weekend flea market that has most for about $2. They are old to some but new to me!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

That's great. We need a new fridge in our camper too.

Alex M said...

I'm forbidden to shop garage sales but there might be some around camp this weekend so we'll see! The rain this spring has been horrendous. It's been hard to get anything done. I am hoping we have a dry weekend!

Shug said...

we missed all that rain that you all got. Looks like some great finds there! I so need to have a garage sale.....but just can't seem to muster up enough energy to get it together. Seems like last week was a big week for garage sales in our area... I think I counted 7 within blocks from each other.