Monday, December 21, 2009

O Christmas Tree!

I am just now getting around to posting pictures of our Christmas tree. This is mine and my Honey's first tree w/o kids in about 24 years. I love putting up the tree, but Honey could not get into it. Once it was up he liked it. We are just having a hard time getting used to the Emptiness of our Nest... anyway, this tree is beautiful-- as all Christmas trees are in my opinion.


One thing I have to say is that not many 'ornaments' were added to the tree except for the angel topper that I bought about 20 years ago, a few strands of gold beads, and 'cranberry beads' (my personal favorites). I mainly filled in my tree with eucalyptus branches, twigs from the yard, pine cones from the yard and pictured below a few old bottles tied with raffia to the tree. Oh yes~ and a paper chain made from a yellowed paper back that had gotten water damaged (i actually copied this idea from some other blog-- can't think of who right off; but I've seen others doing it and thought it was a NOVEL IDEA!) You girls out there in blog land have some I-good-deas!

Enough chatting...

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves... Enjoy!






































After seeing them on here I must apologize for the quality-- cell phone pictures. My Christmas tree has never looked so PINK before!

Anyway-- there it is in all its glory! I hope you enjoyed seeing it.

Merry Christmas
God Bless us Every One!


1 comment:

Miss Mustard Seed said...

The little guns hanging on the tree and very interesting and fun. It must be a little sad not having kids around to decorate the tree, but I have two toddlers and that sounds pretty good to me! Ups and downs to every stage of life, I guess. :)