Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Renewal AND Thanks~


I posted so much over the summer about how difficult it was to grow anything this year first with the drought and then with the grasshoppers.
I thought I’d show a little bit of what has taken place in our yard since the onset of FALL.  Here in Texas our fall weather is usually a second rainy season and new growth.  I hear it said that people have successful  FALL GARDENS TOO.   It must be true … here is a peek! Garden stuff - Nov 2011- Fall mushroom 031   FOUR O’CLOCKS  in bloom.  These were eaten to the ground but now are in full bloom everyday… guess what time? Garden stuff - Nov 2011- Fall mushroom 018 Roses. Beautiful.
Garden stuff - Nov 2011- Fall mushroom 024
Odd little mushroom growing out in the back part of our property near the huge Oak tree. Garden stuff - Nov 2011- Fall mushroom 020
This is another picture of the mushroom…from the top. God is amazing. Check out the lacy opening and intricate work on this mushroom. I’ve truly never seen anything like it before. And ORANGE TOO!
Garden stuff - Nov 2011- Fall mushroom 004
Cherry tomatoes.  Still growing.  Finally starting to turn red.  This bush is loaded. I’m leaving them be until they tell us it’s going to freeze then I’ll make a mad dash to get them out of the garden. Hopefully, they’ll turn red. wall paper- pond at grad- nest boxes- radishes 023
This is my first harvest of radishes!  I just thinned them out this morning I got a dozen or so; and there are more still growing!
God is faithful.  He  is our provider.  We have much to be THANKFUL for.  I love it when HE sends the rain!  That was easy enough to say.  If I can only remember that when we’re in the middle of a heat wave.  If I can only remember to TRUST~
*Please continue to pray for the whole state of Texas as we are still in drought. The lakes are EXTREMELY low as are the stock ponds. Hay and feed is hard to come by.  The fields are again ‘greening’ up. So there is a little relief.  But we need so much more rain. I’m TRUSTING the LORD for all of it!
God bless you and thanks for reading!
in case I don’t post again before Thursday—HAPPY THANKSGIVING,Y’ALL!

3 comments:

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too.

Ruth Cox aka abitosunshine said...

What an unusual mushroom! Your radishes look yummy! Happy Thanksgiving!

Brenda Pruitt said...

I'm jealous. I have nothing growing but weeds.
Brenda