Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Do you pick a Word for the Year?


I wrote this previously and am adding it to Lettered Cottages linky party --




I was reading
White Spray Paint
Laura made a suggestion for her readers. I thought I was the only one that  did this; you know,think of a word to let it be a focus for the new year?
I've thought about a word, for the NEW Year. I haven't done one in a couple of years.  I keep coming back to this... ATTITUDE...I've noticed I've been more negative in my thoughts AND! MY! SPEECH.
I'm down on myself so much lately and I also noticed I don't 'celebrate'; Accomplishments, Project Completions, Holidays…not even small stepping stones to bigger things. I've got even some resentment. Where was it coming from?  Wrong ATTITUDE.
  • The wrong attitude make you think “somebody owes me something.”
  • The wrong attitude makes me think “I’ll never get this (fill in the blank)  finished. 
  • The worst wrong attitude I was starting to see?  “If only I had (again fill in the blank) like So and So has…
So it's
ATTITUDE
for me.




: either way the word implies...stop and think before I speak.
I saw this on pinterest~
Pinned Image I thought it fit here.
Afterall
ATTITUDE is all in the Thinking, right?
Change my thoughts about someone or some thing
put on a new attitude when facing a challenge or upcoming event

...So
ATTITUDE
Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus  Philippians 2:5

You may click here to read Laura’s post on her word for the year and let me just say it is a great suggestion, whatever your new word for the year, let me encourage you to stick with it.

***Don't forget to check out ALL THE WORDS people have linked at LETTERED COTTAGE: This little word of Mine Party! 

God Bless you and Thanks for reading!



15 comments:

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks for sharing Laura's blogspot. I have never picked a word for the year. Neat idea.

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

I love that THINK !!! How perfect!
gail

Sunny Simple Life said...

Love the think one. Want to print and put on fridge for the whole family.

Cindy said...

Very good!!! I like your word and where it has taken your thoughts. As women and as the perfectionists that you and I are, we can easily slip into the negative attitude.
This came to my mind, so I will add it. When someone has offended me, and I pray about it, I try to rid my mind of it and I find that my attitude toward that person is negative, and growing more negative all of the them, I have found one thing that works. I begin to fervently PRAY for that person! It works. It changes the way I look at them and ultimately the way I think about them.
Hugs, Cindy

The Boston Lady said...

Attitude is a perfect choice because it can affect so many aspects of our lives. I am going to go with positivity (is that a word?) this year because I tend to dwell on the negative and ignore all the great things I have in my life. Ann

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

I love that THINK picture. I've saved it. I'm going to make my children learn it!!!

Thank you so much for sharing this post - it really spoke to me.

Happy NEw Year, lovely!

Sarahx

Anonymous said...

It is a Pleasure to meet a sister through Christ Pat :)
I love doing the word-filled-Wednesdays :)

Debbiedoos said...

I really love the idea of a word. I just read it on another blog friend. Happy New year to you!

Amy said...

Great idea. I love the think sign also. It is so true! And you know when it comes to attitude you really do get back what you put out. If you have a great attitude it comes right back to you!

Gail said...

What a great word choice for the year Pat! I've chosen a word for this year too...."believe"! This is my first year for picking a word and I'm really having fun with it so far.

Happy New Year to you Pat and have a wonderful day, Gail

Coleen's Corner said...

What a fantastic idea! I think my word will be "focus". Holy Toledo. I find my mind jumping into the next project before I'm finished with the current one. Jumping up to clear the table before swallowing the last bite of dinner. And worst of all... dragging more stuff home to "someday" make something! I best be mindful of my word, or your word will be mine soon!

Anonymous said...

Good Morning :)

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I don't have a word for the year, but I know I HATE to think before I speak, someone told me once that I was like gumball machine, things just flew out of my mouth and did not go through a thought process LOL! I'm wishing luck...Don't quit being funny though!

Carol

nannykim said...

yup and attitude does mean controlling our thoughts--it takes work .....

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

Everything you said about attitude is so true! Great word choice. I have never picked a word for the year, but it's such a great idea. My word would be grow because I want to grow in so many ways.