Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Either way it’s Faux

   
I took the Picture Perfect Challenge in January-- 298
I started with the smallest room in my house; after-all I didn’t want it to be TOO CHALLENGING!  ;) wink-wink  The irony of the picture perfect (completed room) challenge is you DON’T have to take perfect pictures!
Yay! (cause Y’all know I don’t ) 
So- onto the pictures.



Bathroom floor finished 017 (14)Yes, it’s my bathroom again. This time I’m showing my new *wood* floor. My youngest son came by the house the other day and he called them  Ol’ Timey. Is that the same as Vintage-Look Well, either way it’s faux.
Bathroom floor finished 017 (5)  It took two weekends to complete; but it’s done. (well, except for the caulking around the baseboards and trim edges at the tub,then the floor is done.) That’s the easy part.
Isn’t it lovely?
So what do you think? 
Not bad for $30 bucks, huh?
How’d I do it? Stay tuned. 

How TO: here
Update: here




I'm also showing this post here: 









13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks Great, Love the little table in bathroom

Funky Junk Interiors said...

Your floor is gorgeous! I lived for 2 years with plywood floors so I know what it's like to finally get the real deal. Lovely work!!

Donna

Clint Baker said...

Looks very good!

Gail said...

Pat, your floor looks GREAT! Job well done my friend. Now I can't wait to get my new flooring install in our bathroom. Enjoy your day, Gail

Debbiedoos said...

Pat it looks awesome faux or not. Looking good there!

Jocelyn said...

Ok, I'm curious. How'd you do that??? Inquiring minds want to know!

The Boston Lady said...

Pat it looks great, and not faux at all. Did my "pay it forward" post and had no takers. Since you are going to make something for me, I would like to make something for you? Deal? Ann

RHome410 said...

It looks so great! Are you going to share the process?

Cindy said...

Your floor looks great and you say it's faux?

Granny said...

I love it. The faux wood floor we put in our bathrooms and kitchen are so easy to clean. I'm sure yours will be too.

Angel said...

I can't wait to come over and see them in person!

Kristina @ ReMadeSimple said...

I am curious to find out how you did it yourself!!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Wonderful! Your new floor looks great. Thanks for linking to the Open House party. Hugs, Sherry