Sunday, June 29, 2014

:: Recent Finds— Needs vs. Wants


I Haven’t been to the thrift store or to any yard sales, especially yard sales lately.  I’m currently not looking for anything for my shop as it is closed at the moment. But I checked the papers and found 2 this weekend that were ‘on my way’ to town. Both were being put on by organizations.  Sometimes those are the best.

I found this bundt pan – I wouldn’t have purchased it, seeing how most BREADS ARE OFF THE MENU FOR ME…but it was a great price!  Cast Iron is always something I look for—it’s classified as a WANT! How could I say no to that.
 bundt cake pan collage
Besides …I’m hopeful I can find a tasty recipe,that even I might be able to eat! 
The other purchase was a necessity really. Our ceiling fan in our bedroom went out. It is only a relay switch problem. But the part is almost as costly as a new fan. We took the fan down and then figured all this out. See, it was that fan that wasn’t working. The Light worked fine…anyway, long story.  We needed a light for the bedroom.
So, I bought a ‘boob’ light~ classified a NEED! Yeah… lighting. Cheap lighting…definitely a need.
boob light collage
It lights up pretty well—but it sure is small…even in my small bedroom! Boob light lost in the vast white canvas that is my bedroom ceiling!
Whatever works, right?  It was $1 …It’s not a chandelier.  It’s not a cool INDUSTRIAL repurpose…yet.  It’s not even a vintage swag! 
It’s nothing special…  Perfect for what I needed, which was a source of light!
Your laugh for the day!
Have you shopped yard sales or thrift stores lately… are you shopping for needs or wants?

Til next time, Be Blessed!



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
The LORD is my strength and my shield; My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart exults, And with my song I shall thank Him. ~Psalm 28:7

9 comments:

Revi said...

Love the bundt pan...you could make a jello salad in it, or egg custard flan, I have a similar one, but mine doesn't have the cool hanger thing.

Intentional Living Homestead said...

Awesome fine. I have never seen a cast iron bundt pan before. BTW. I'm off facebook in case you were trying to find me:-)

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

I like the bundt pan! Nice. We're shopping a little for both but mostly needs, particularly forward looking. An extra pair of shoes when they are on sale-to be stored away, cases of canned veges when they are 2 for $0.89, sale patterns to learn to sew clothes, etc.

Diane said...

I think the things you need are the best finds when you get a great price! Good for you.

Shug said...

You found yourself some great finds... It's hard to find good bundt pans now days that don't cost $$....the light was a fabulous find!!!! Good for you!!!

Rhonda said...

I didn't know there was such a thing as a cast iron bundt pan, cake is not on my menu either. I bought an over the door rack and a landline phone and a play outfit for a grand daughter last week. I like thrifty deals but have not felt like shopping so I am mostly decluttering.

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Because of the shortness of our ceilings...we have boob lights too. You do whatya gotta do girlfriend! I would love chandies too, but with a 6'5" hubby, ain's happening!

My Repurposed Life said...

great finds, and a good deal on the light!

I haven't been to a single yard sale this year. It's been just too darn hot.

gail

Alex M said...

Oooh we call them Boob Lights too! Or Nipple Lights. Can you eat corn bread? Making a corn and blueberry type of bundt could be cool. The fact that its cast iron makes me envious!