Wednesday, July 9, 2014

:: POKEY THINGS


There is such openness out back now. What used to be hidden from view is now a vast and airy openness.
DSCF4270
A broad swath of bare earth!
It was laid open by the dozer.  Almost anything can happen here.
It’s been my experience that birds will come and drop seed and trees will come up and one day—the cows will be hidden from view; or the pond that is just a few yards from this fence will be obstructed from my sight.  I will know it is there—because I will see the ducks making their landing or calling out to one another as they are taking flight to the next pond.
DSCF4275
I’m happy this tree set far enough inside the fence; escaped the terror of the BULLY dozer. It can stretch out its branches to create shade—for birds, for cows, and for us. 
I have different thoughts. One is of a pruning. Like the gardener tending it’s prize rose bush. A cleansing.
The other is like a scrape on the elbow; one might have gotten as a child.  It’s ugly and it stings. But after the wound has healed, you’ll barely notice the scar!
DSCF4274
The ‘anything can happen’… has already begun.
New Growth-
Black Eyed Susan and Wild Blackberry
DSCF4272
And COWS!
COWS AND NEW FENCE
Have you ever heard that saying regarding a dumbfounded look
“like a calf looking at a new gate” ?   This might be what it looks like!  See the horns on those Longhorns?  I’m sort of glad there is a fence between us!!
I wonder if they miss the tree line or the protective covering?  The hedge.
They might be thinking…”get a load of that Bi-ped taking pictures of the fence; as if she can’t believe it!”
So, there is the fence.  To keep the cows.
There is the fence ...to keep me.
Til next time, Be Blessed!


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Search me, God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.
~ Psalm 139:23-24

8 comments:

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I live in the city and I just can't imagine how wonderful it would be to walk out and look at vast open land.....And cows lol!

Carol

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

I'd miss the trees but I would love to have a view of the cows. I'd probably sneak out and feed them treats too. I'd like to see the pond too, I wish I had one full of ducks, frogs and little fish. I think you're lucky.

Diane said...

I agree with Carol-- to have that view would be wonderful! Peaceful too, I would imagine. Yeah, I wonder what the cows are thinking!

Cecilia said...

We have an overgrowth of prickly vines along our back fence. Would love to bulldoze them out but wouldn't want to lose the trees. Enjoy your view!

A Daughter of the King said...

Your property looks so peaceful. I'm so glad the tree survived the bully dozer. I think if it were my property,I would rake any cow plops I found close to the fence line over to my side and nourish the new growth. ;-)

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

I know it's really strange when trees are removed and a bulldozer razes over things! We lost 5 full grown trees in our front yard a few years back when they put in sidewalks...so bare...but the yard is so sunny now, and other trees and flowers enjoy it!

Intentional Living Homestead said...

Oh I love your place...wish I was your neighbour.

Hugs,
Connie

sassytrash said...

I would have cried to see the trees come down, but you are so blessed to have such a wonderful vista--I had a beautiful horse pasture behind my house growing up and still miss it! I especially loved watching the herd run in the summer evenings before an approaching storm. Hope you are feeling better!