Today I puttered around the house. While doing so I made mental checklists of Things To-Do before putting the house on the market. That sounds so odd seeing that in writing. But it’s true. It looks like it’s going to happen.
I took the curtains down in the kitchen window and both the curtains from off the lower cupboards on either side of the stove and washed them. It was chilly outside…but the wind blew like the dickens. So after washing and hanging them out—they dried pretty quickly. Not to mention,… did I mention the wind? The curtains were wrinkle free!
Yes! high winds take the wrinkles out! I thought about standing outside and let the wind blow past me and see how well it worked!
So onto my Mental Checklist--
- I swept the kitchen floor. (made a note that something will definitely need to be done to the kitchen floor)
- I wiped down the upper cupboard doors. (NEEDS FRESH PAINT)
- I added FAN REMOVAL / SWAP to my list.
- Last week, I began dusting all the ceiling fans in the house. They were over due and I’ll be reversing them soon for better heat circulation—Do you reverse your fans in the winter time? Ceiling fans are a must for comfort here in TEXAS. We heat the house with wood…and the fans help to circulate all that stagnate hot air up at the ceiling. Makes a big difference. The key is slow speed. I was working in the kitchen today and those fans have already been cleaned and dusted.
- There are two fans in the kitchen. The one over the dining area needs to come down and a light fixture needs to go up instead. It should then be swapped out with fan on the kitchen side—as it is more cohesive with my Farm House kitchen. The one in the Kitchen side—needs spiffing with paint and new blades and put into the master bedroom. The old one quit in there.
- Ceiling needs paint.
- Shampoo Both Rugs and Remove one; keeping only one rug for under the table.
- Remove 1 table – keeping the smaller drop leaf and 4 Chairs.
- Get boxes and begin purging dishes and appliances. Packing up will be one of the first things!
After all that cleaning. I got busy cooking. It was chilly though, like I said. So I made chili and cornbread for supper. It was quick and easy. I’ve post a recipe for you here. The oven warmed up the kitchen nicely too.
Over all --- it was a pretty productive day.
No. It was a wonderful day.
‘Til next time, Be Blessed!
Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil. So then do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.~ Ephesians 5:15-17
I'm participating in Nester's annual -31 Days of writing
~*~*~"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go." ~Joshua 1:9