Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Without Power-

 

image

 

Last week, I kid you not… I was a slightly more than a little stressed.

I may or may not have vented to someone about how I couldn’t take on ONE MORE thing.  It came in a conversation about how my old relic iphone 4s (for which I am grateful to own) couldn’t possibly hold any more apps.  Regardless how helpful it might be… It just couldn’t hold anymore!

 

image

I digress…   This is not a pathetic post about my crummy OLD iphone…

It’s about my inability to run my own ship as well I’d like.  Last week, I was having one of those kinds of weeks.

Grandbaby number twenty was over due--

T.H. and my dad BOTH had cataract surgeries scheduled the same day, with follow-ups the next… I had an Art Test, that was proctored (I had to GO someplace and take it, couldn’t take it online). I was studying for a History Text and Math test (don’t get me started on the math… struggling) My daughter has been trading out school drop off and pick up days with me; and dealing with some serious morning sickness –  Someone wanted my help selling on ebay, because they didn’t have the time to sit and wait for it to sell? (I’ll let you think about that one for a second.)  Then out of the clear blue, a woman called to ask for some sewing to be done.  I’d met her at the grocery store and we exchanged numbers about 6 months ago.

Overwhelmed. That’s pretty much all I could say about that week.

image

I was trying all week NOT to grumble and complain. But the more I tried, the harder it seemed to do!  What is going on here?  I might of had my priorities in the wrong order or my heart in the wrong place. 

First I did the obvious.  I used one little word.  NO. 

I told the ebay-er inquiry… in short, no.

I told the sewing opportunity for cash money… oh yes, it was a paid gig, no. No matter how helpful the cash would be! I didn’t want to…but I did.

The rest of it wasn’t so easy.  I needed to let go and trust God.  After the Cataract surgeries were behind me… I still had all of school and the wait for the baby. 

#raedynjo

Raedyn Jo and ‘Dada’

She came Thursday!  I was at the hospital for her birth—only by 30 minutes. Spent about 1 hr there, went down the street to test for the ART Test…then took The Honey home.  Returned for class that night… and another peak at my grand daughter. …and after all that I felt so much better!

I worried all week about little things.  Not that any of them were really big or catastrophic events…but all the little things stacked just so in my life seemed HUGE! I felt so weak and like my back was to a wall.  I’m reminded, I’m never really in control—God is.  How I manage in life’s little storms depends on whether or not I admit that I don’t have the power… but the Captain of my Salvation does!

‘Til next time, be blessed

Patricia

“ My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weakness, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.” ~2 Corinthians 12:9

10 comments:

Kris said...

It is easy to get caught up in wanting to do, but at some point we have to say no. I am a pushover when it comes to that. I take on too much because I can't say no, and then I am grumpy! I have gotten better with age.
Your new grandbaby is beautiful. Such a blessing!!!
xo kris

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Congratulations!! I don't know how you get it all done, but you seem to get by. Your poor phone, I had to laugh at that one. I just got a letter from AT&T telling me they are upgrading their service in our area and my phone will shortly not be supported in their system. Anything under 2G. It turns out that my phone is a 1G- yes, a 1G. I have had it for years and years, a nice simple flip phone that makes and receives calls. Nothing else. Soon to be gone. Sigh, I don't know what I'll get to replace it. I'll look for one with a rotary dial.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Congrats on that little one. How precious.

Frances Pickard said...

Congratulations on your new granddaughter! She will be the highlight of your week when you look back on it. I hope you get some time next week for a peaceful and joyful rest. It's funny how many obstacles can crop up when good things (the surgeries and the birth) happen, and it's difficult to jump through the hurdles. Sounds like you had the strength to persevere and enjoy the good times!

Debbie said...

Congratulations on your new grandbaby! Yes, God gives us the strength we need to carry on. Wow. You had quite the week. Thankful for God's grace I'm sure!

Ann said...

congrats on the new addition to the family. Sounds like some week you had. I can certainly understand why you were feeling stressed. I hope this week is going much better

A Daughter of the King said...

Oh, how I love your stories and the wonderful truths you squeeze out of them. Congrats on the many blessings - especially the new baby!
Love and blessings,
Becky

Diane said...

Congrats on your new bundle of joy! What a cutie-pie! And you know the old saying: when it rains it pours. So true! Hang in there!!

Leslie @ Farm Fresh Fun said...

Oh my GOODNESS! You are strong. You are smart. You are blessed! I have no idea how you juggle all you do... Thanks for sharing the real life journey and CONGRATULATIONS!
xoxo
Leslie

My Repurposed Life said...

oh my gosh, and somehow you squeezed in THIS blog post!
Thanks for sharing the good, the bad, the ugly AND the most precious little bundle ever with us!

So happy for everyone, and by now, I'm sure you're feeling a lot less overwhelmed (at least I hope so)

I'm behind on visiting my friends.

take care Patricia