Saturday, June 15, 2013

::The Porch::


You remember my Charlie Brown tree, I had it on the porch last Christmas ...



well, now it is June and look there it is...STILL! sans the Charlie Brown goodness. 

I've been working on my porch a little bit last weekend and now this weekend too.

I can't wait to show you everything I've done so far!

I'm loving it.
I'm also loving my ferns!  They  make a good bit of shade in the morning when the sun is rising up over the trees out front; and apparently grasshoppers don't like them. They're not eating them like they are everything else!   They are also not eating the Charlie Brown tree.  That's a good thing. 

T.H. and I have been sitting out here every morning while it's still cool and drinking our coffee.
It's one of my favorite spots to sit and relax.


afavoritething
MHC



Finally, brother, Whatsoever things are TRUE, Whatsoever things are NOBLE , Whatsoever things are RIGHT , Whatsoever things are PURE, Whatsoever things are LOVELY, Whatsoever things are ADMIRABLE; if any thing is excellent and praiseworthy, think on such things. ~ Philippians 4:8 



15 comments:

Poppy said...

Hi Pat,

So nice to meet you! Visiting via Claudia's today - those ferns of yours are mighty fine and full! It's difficult to grow such lush, green lovelies here in Greece, as it gets very hot! Thanks for sharing!

Poppy

Diane said...

Great ferns! Like that door too!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

We did ferns one year, but when it came time to bring everything in, I had ferns everywhere - ha ha ha! I love your screen door. Hubby and I want to get one that has a nostalgic look to it.

Babajeza said...

Uh, I'd love to have a porch. It's the think I like the most on North American houses.

The Boston Lady said...

Nice spot to sip coffee and enjoy the morning air, Pat. Ann

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

That is what I wanted in a screen door too. This is just a $20 door from Lowe's with some scrap wood glued and nailed to it...
I posted about it here. Easy Peasy AND! I saved about $70 ...win! win!

http://corninmycoffee-pot.blogspot.com/2011/10/screen-door-weather.html

:P

My Repurposed Life said...

I love a good cozy - shady spot! :)
I need to work on my own space.

happy Weekend Patricia!

Revi said...

I'd LOVE a porch like yours - big enough for a table for coffee in the mornings, not that I'd take time to do it. :) Your ferns are lush - some people try to grow them here, but they dry up so easily. They keep them every year at the plant shops, though, because they look so lovely for a little while, and people love the "mood" they create. Looking forward to seeing your tweaks!
-Revi

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

That is one gigantic beautiful fern! Your porch is wonderful....

Claudia said...

Your porch is beautiful, Pat! I wonder if ferns would work on my porch. There's something so wonderfully old-fashioned about hanging ferns. Enjoy your porch!

Thanks so much for joining in this week!

xo
Claudia

Cindy said...

That's a lovely porch, my friend, and a very sweet screen door, too! Your ferns are gorgeous, I have a few but they are all growing in the ground, I have thought of trying to put one in a hanging basket, I should try it.
Hugs, cindy

Lulu said...

I try to start as many days as possible on the porch, and this time of year it's a perfect way to begin. How about a second cup of coffee?

countrycharisma said...

Pat, thanks for the porch posting. Yes, it is so nice to sit out and have the morning coffee. Our current porch is not so nice as yours, but it is temporary until we finish our log house. It is just cedar posts and metal roof over a deck on our little hunting cabin, but the same cool area to relax. I brought my ferns with me and they are hanging too. Just read about using epsom salts to keep them good and green, one to two Tbsp to a gal. So far so good.

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

I'd love a front porch! I can just imagine you out there enjoying the day before the Summer scorching gets in full swing. Look forward to seeing what you've done!
Liz

camp and cottage living said...

Oh, I've always loved ferns.
It's so nice you have a nice porch to enjoy
your morning coffee!