Saturday, February 6, 2016

Dada—Baby’s first word


POINT 1:
So our youngest son has ALWAYS called his dad ‘DADA’ (pronounced: da-duh)
always
Always
ALWAYS…
STILL.

We are all hoping when Raedyn Jo gets here, she will learn to call her dad ‘Dada’ too.
So naturally,When I came across a book by Jimmy Fallon titled

Your Baby’s first word will be Dada
here’s a video on youtube… it’s hilarious!

THAT BOOK CAME HOME WITH ME.

POINT 2:

Our son is a big Super Hero fan… 

So, When I found a cute chalk board type artwork on Pinterest… I copied it with my own twist. 

image

A nice blend of the two, wouldn’t you say?   (sorry for the reflection in the glass…)
Here is how I did it.   Dollar Tree frame …

image

I cut black foam core board the size to fit the frame…

image

I used these white paint pens to create my masterpiece!

image

I didn’t get the edges nice and straight on my core board… it was going in the frame… I did hit with an emory board to smooth away some of the rough though. Still it won’t be seen.  Anyway… it’s fast and inexpensive and cute little wall art for the baby’s room.  Something that says…  Dada!

image

‘Til Next time, (maybe a baby?) Due today FEB 6... !!!



Be blessed,
Patricia

********************
“Nevertheless, the righteous will hold to his way, and he who has clean hands will grow stronger and stronger.”  ~Job 17:9

6 comments:

Ann said...

Cute story. Gotta love the dollar stores too that let you turn inexpensive items into awesome decorative pieces. That was a great idea. I never would have thought of using the black foam board for the chalkboard look

Sunny Simple Life said...

Ahhh! Your such a good grammie!

Susie said...

I love this. So sweet. Blessings to all of you, xoxo,Susie

Kris said...

SO cute!!!
xo Kris

My Repurposed Life said...

You're so creative!

Hoping there's a baby really soon!

gail

Connie said...

How sweet is this . . . I've watched Jimmy reading it on the late night show, but isn't it so sweet that it fits your family so very well :)