Thursday, September 11, 2008

"I give myself VERY good advice...

but I very seldom follow it."
That happens to be a line from Alice in Wonderland the Disney version from a line that Alice herself is singing. It has been my mantra for years!

Today, I spent part of the early afternoon hours chatting w/ Ms. Tuffet--- she is in her 2nd trimester of pregnancy, and her 21 year of life. She has a 3 bedroom mobile home w/ a clear title and only a car payment and 1 Dept store CC. Yeah! good for her.

She was talking about all the things she needs to be getting done before little Tuffet arrives.
I reminder her of all the ideas and tips that I learned years ago, from the FLYLADY. I asked her if she remembered (of course, I knew that she did; because she had reminded me of some things last week- different story)


Anyway- She had spent the morning napping. It is her day off and afterall she is pregnant. I told her to go home and start her laundry, shine her sink, do a 'room- rescue' and start on a decluttering project that didn't require too much time, heavy lifting and moving stuff.
That is just what she did when she left here. Later in the day she called to thank me for giving her encouragement! I'm so glad my daughters have teachable spirits. Praise the Lord for that.

I say daughters, because my youngest dd , Quite Contrary, has been learning so much about debt free living, budgeting, money saving, and income stretching. She has a super sensitive sense of wanting to stretch a dollar; and she has her own copy of Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover

Both of these young ladies are learning early about being caretakers in their homes. I am so proud of what the LORD is doing in them. I see his Sovereign hand at work. Bless Jesus!

What does that have to do with me? Well, the advice you see? I can give it...but I very seldom follow it.

I have some learning to do.


No comments: