Saturday, January 14, 2012

Home Goals 2012~

Or..."Painting with a Broad Brush"
You know what they say about GOALS…
If you write them down they are more attainable. You see them and they start to become more of a reality for you. Something like that.
Well, I really don’t know much about all that.
What I do know is; If I write them down… I don’t forget what they are!
I tend to get a little sidetracked.
So Nester is having a party …a 2012 Home Goals Party


This is what I’m bringing to the party. This is going to read more like a laundry list of ideas. (and I got creative and used a bunch of “C” words to keep me focused!)
  • Contentment:  I am going to focus on being happy with our home. I tend to look at all the picture perfect homes out there and get dissatisfied really easily. Doesn’t everybody though?
  • Clutter-FREE: I’ve let things stack up around here for quite some time. It’s a FIGHT! I know it’s important to get rid of the excess—because for one; you can’t find ANYTHING in a decent amount of time…and the clock is ticking! I’m not getting any younger folks! It is just a waste of time to fight with clutter. Secondly, it’s stressful- PERIOD.
  • Completion: I have LOTS and LOTS of projects that are UNFINISHED.  Rooms that I’ve started on and left undone for one reason or another.  I’d like to start seeing some of these come off the list. (I’ll have a list later to share) Some projects that are just waiting to be completed so I can move to *phase 2* of a room completion!
  • Cruise:  This is the only synonym that fit my little outline here with a “C” word for: TOUR!  {wink-wink} - I’d like to take you on a CRUISE of my home and put a *home tour feature on my blog. I’ve not ever done that. Because of the 3 points prior to this one. ** SEE ABOVE! 
So that’s my list—painted with a very broad brush. I think I may put a more detailed list on the sidebar (you can look for that in a few days)…it will in all probability hold me accountable. Because, let’s face it. When you have a couple of Hundred people reading your blog each day…it makes you want to not crash and burn…ehem,do well!!!
Have you made some goals for you home in 2012?  I know some of you have, because I’ve read your blogs…and they are great ideas and lists! You all inspire me to have a home that is comfortable and inviting—I want to be hospitable and the best hostess I can be here in my home. For more home goal links you can click on the “owl” picture above.
~God Bless you and Thanks for reading~

8 comments:

Gail said...

Great goals Pat and I'm looking forward to following along with you in 2012!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Your goals are Cute, Clear, and Creative. Have a Commendable year!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

I love your goals! I am trying hard to de-clutter and finish projects here, too...and we are making some headway this month!

Claudia said...

Those are great goals and very much like mine. Clutter is the one thing I'm working on now!

xo
Claudia

Coleen's Corner said...

Seems like there's a whole lot of decluttering going on... count me in on that one. And I have to agree about the picture perfect homes. Would be nice to have one, but I've learned that the most comfortable homes are the ones whose inhabitants make you feel warm and welcomed.

nannykim said...

Good list and I will look forward to how you do on it! I love the word contentment, yes I do!

Cindy said...

Your goals sound wonderful, I know you can accomplish them!
Hugs, Cindy

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

I hear ya on the unfinished projects - I have those inside and outside!

I'd love to go on a "cruise" of your home!