Monday, November 19, 2012

::Going Green--Step Stool::

Back sometime ago... Angie at Knick of Time Interiors started a THEME FOR THURSDAYS MEME...and one of the earlier ones she did was STEP STOOLS. 

She truly inspires me! 




I absolutely loved the littlest step stool she had in her line up...she painted it and put stripes on it. While I think it looks great with a fresh coat of paint...my inspiration came not just from her painting it; but from the 'original' color as well. 
You'll have to click on the link to see all of her vintage step stools. 



So...of course, I used GREEN. I taped it...I had some of the blue painter's tape; but for the life of me, couldn't find it. I'm thinking maybe someone borrowed it ???  and so,  I no longer HAVE ANY.... either way, my stripes bled under this tape. 

 
So no... they're not perfect.
The step stool started out as a curb-shopped stool when my kids were ALL STILL HOME; AND was pretty much chipped, rusty, and paint splattered. Now... it's green...with rather sketchy and somewhat white stripes.

Re-painted the stripes...take 2

 I also dipped the feet into the white paint...just for a little different detail. I did repaint the stripes,by hand this time; though darker...still sketchy ...but, it is a step stool. 
So, no biggie. It was virtually a free project. 

I am however noticing a trend towards GREEN...:) 


Photobucket

*****************************************************************
~My Shop~



He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you? 
But to do justice, love kindness and to walk humbly with your God. 
~Micah 6:8 

6 comments:

Angie @ Knick of Time said...

Glad you liked my little step stool enough to paint yours pretty too, Pat! At one of our previous homes, I was on a green "binge" and the constant joke in our house was, "What color are you going to paint it? Um...how about green this time?"

Granny said...

Your step stool looks great. Love the green color you chose.

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

I love your little green step stool! Thank you for sharing and for the visit and sweet comment at The Dedicated House. It means the world. Would love it if you would share this post at my Make it Pretty Monday party. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/11/make-it-pretty-monday-week-24.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

craftyles said...

You sure added a cute detail to that neat step stool. I love the green shade you picked. Love those free projects!

Rhonda said...

Hi Pat, nice to meet you. Your green stool is so cute and dipping the feet white was the perfect finish.

The Boston Lady said...

I love green! I think your step stool turning out great! Hope your family is having a nice Thanksgiving! Ann