Thursday, December 20, 2012

::Etsy Update ::

   These are just a few of the things I've sold in my etsy shop since opening.  It got off to a slow start...but it's picking up. 



 Rusty Vintage--
 Crazed and Chippy--
 Traditional Holiday 
Cute and Farmhouse... 

Couple of things I've learned.... on breakables, add $2.00 to the shipping price for anything worth up to $50
Pack well.  Here is a Frugal Fodder tip for you--- when packing breakable items you can recycle old phone books. I shred mine and pack all around the item. Makes for a free packing material and extra cushion, besides just the bubble wrap! 


I also have hand crocheted items in my shop as well,
Lace- 
Bath Scrubbies
Dish Cloths


Kitchen Sets


  Stop by now to get 20% off before the Dec 31! 



 

"Cease striving and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." ~Psalm 46:10 
 

9 comments:

Diane said...

Hmm... just threw out an old phone book. Great idea. Will hang onto the next one.

Chicken Wrangler said...

Great idea about the phone book packing paper - I'll have to remember that one the next time I ship something out. Love your crochet lace! Nice workman(woman)-ship!!!

Merlesworld said...

The crocheted bath scrub and dish clothes are a good idea as the plastic ones are a bit hard, seeing I'm on the other side of the world I will have a go at making.
Merle........

Sandy said...

OMG... your photo of the "Fighting Illini"
bucket had me run here... Love it!!
From this Alumni it's heaven to see!!
Whhoohhoo!
Sandy

Sunny Simple Life said...

I wanted to stop by and wish you a Merry Christmas to you and your family and the chickens!!

Lisa/Fresh Eggs Daily Farm Girl said...

Keep plugging along. It takes awhile to build up an etsy shop, but its a nice place to sell. I keep EVERY box, padded envelope, sheet of bubble wrap, tissue paper, etc that comes into the house to repackage my items in! Good tip about the phone books. Lisa/Fresh Eggs Daily

Robyn said...

Wow thanks for sharing a sample of whats in your shop. I'm going to have to head on over there!
Merry Christmas! :)
Robyn

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

yay for sales! :)
great tip about the phone book packing. I'll be adding some breakables to my shop next month.

gail

nannykim said...

I have ordered things from Ebay and it is always interesting to see how things are packed. This week the person mixed up the order and I received a tablecloth that was supposed to go to Maine and the Maine person got mine. We had to both then ship to each other!