Tuesday, December 18, 2012

::Moving Forward ::

Christmas is quickly approaching--and I'm wanting to slow it down. 
Not stop it. 
Not keep it from coming.
But just slow it down to enjoy it. 

The hustle and bustle gets to be too much.
I want to think of Christ.
Cherish Him, cherish His gift---
cherish my family. 


I've taken time away from the computer since last Friday--because it makes me sad.  Reading the accounts and listening to the news---it makes me very mournful and at the same time it makes me so thankful. 
I haven't had the words to say how I think or feel about the whole episode and events. 
I even hesitate to say that such an event makes me thankful---out of not wanting to sound selfish or heartless. But, I know the families who have lost children and loved ones would want to tell us...be thankful, cherish our families.  I'm trying to do that. 

So here I am posting about life, about Christmas and about the Presence of Christ. 
The Spirit of Christmas. 



I've been busy making gifts this holiday---every gift is being made by hand, with that person in mind. 
I'm not going to lie---it is time consuming. 
But I love doing it! 


Over the years of blogging, I've met so many women that have become my bloggy friends one of them is TBL  (the boston lady)...I don't even think I've gotten to tell her...Thanks yet...but she sent this sweet little gift; and arrived in the mail for me last Friday. 
A Snow Globe... isn't it cute? 

I have it on the 'mantle' shelf behind the wood stove...along with a painting of snow capped mountains I thrifted a while back... 
TBL knows I like old cars and trucks...anything old really. This is a 1955 Chevy Truck...with Santa, a Tree, and a strand of lights...and of course snow; because we don't that much here. :) 


I have to add---that when my daughter came over and saw it, she smiled. She said, "Mom, that's so cute! How'd she get that truck inside there?  I told her, ...
"She backed it in!"


O give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; and His loving kindness is everlasting. Psalm 107:1

6 comments:

Tombstone Livestock said...

Love the snow globe ... it is adorable. Have a Merry Christmas. Turn on some Christmas Carols and enjoy the music.

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

I agree, I need another month to get ready! The snow globe is cute! Good luck getting everything completed on time. It always works out somehow, doesn't it?

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Love the snow globe Pat. I know what you mean about things needing to slow down.

retrorevival.biz said...

I'm soaking up the spirit of the season:) Love your snow globe!

~Cindy

Revi said...

Your sentiments about slowing things down to savor the season and Christ, the reason for it, are what I'm feeling now, too. That truck snow globe is precious! What a sweet gift from a sweet person. And backing it in! You are a funny girl...
-Revi

The Boston Lady said...

Oh my I almost missed this post! I "backed up" and found it. It really did get there in one piece, but it sure looks like a blizzard hit it! LOL. Now where's the picture of that box?!?

I've stayed off the computer quite a bit as well because it is so overwhelming and I cannot even imagine how all those affected by this tragedy are even coping. I've kept my opinions on the whole thing pretty much to myself because, well it's my opinion. But I think something everyone can agree on is that we should cherish our families and take time to be grateful for the sweetness of being together. Ann