::NO SPEND FEBRUARY::
I was hoping to have a NO SPEND month this year and my target month was January --but we never really finalized it between us. If you're going to have a NO SPEND MONTH it helps if both Hubby and Wife are on the same page.
So it didn't happen.
You just can't go all WILLY-NILLY...and NOT spend money. You have to plan these things out.
Like most of you-- there was Christmas last month...and before that Thanksgiving...blah, blah, blah... all the extra cooking and baking through the holidays had my pantry looking pretty sparse. I had to re-stock that; and we had some unexpected things that needed replacing or repaired.
It almost sounds like I'm cheating already by planning ahead. But I don't think so; you have to gear up for this. The idea is to NOT spend money for a month, especially on extras...it's simple really, but looks different for each household.
For us it means:
- (we) ONLY spend on NECESSARY Gas and Groceries. Ideally, if you've planned for this and stocked your pantry--that eliminates extra trips to the store; so less gas is needed too!
- Already-- you're going to save money.
- NO A.T.M's...The other thing in a NO Spend month--besides BILLS; whatever does get spent-- SHOULD YOU FAIL...you ONLY SPEND CASH.
- NO EATING OUT! ... Absolutely,NONE.
- "Did Somebody say Mc-No-Eating-Out?
- (this one hopefully will be easier for us, since we've ALMOST completely stopped this)...and we DON'T DO McD'S. (honest)
I'm hoping February will be a better choice for us and a success! We can put that money back-- because of course, if we're not spending; we can be eliminating some debt or save it, right?
I'll be tracking it all and ...well, blogging about it too!
In the mean time; I've read a couple of other blogs where the blog author's households were having NO SPEND MONTHS-- I can't think of them right off hand, except for Laura @ WhiteSprayPaint... You can read her posts here: NO SPEND JANUARY
Perhaps you're having a NO SPEND MONTH, or you've had one in the past... leave us a link in the comments below--So we can all read about your success or your fail...OR we can cheer you onward in your quest to NOT SPEND! ;)
I've added a few new things to the shop and have renewed some older things-- be sure stop by and check it out!
The eyes of the LORD move to and fro throughout the earth that He may strongly support those whose heart is completely His. 2 Chronicles 6:19a