::Kindle vs. a SMART PHONE::
I didn't think I'd ever say that I enjoy this piece of technology so much...but I do!!!!
I like it because
- it's light weight, and while nothing beats a good paperback that you carry along with you, lets face it, paperbacks are bulky and some are NOT lightweight.
- It holds more than ONE BOOK. So, if I'm not in the mood for a certain book, I have plenty to choose from and can pick what I want to read; and don't have to carry a suit case with me.
- My latest and most up to date reason for liking it? The active content App I downloaded on Sunday, while The Honey was watching football. It's called MY CHECKLIST and right now it's FREE at Amazon. (subject to change) just click the link to get it.
- You download it and you can keep all your lists handy right there, laundry, groceries, projects, TO-DO, errands, bills, tasks, and plans, etc. You have options to edit, delete, using the keyboard; you create your own lists! Just touch the screen and check the items on your list! I know YOUR PHONE DOES THAT,right?
- The savings!
- The Kindle connects to wi-fi. I don't have a lap top. But I can check my emails with it. :) And I can read blogs, check the weather and get the news. I know YOUR PHONE DOES ALL THAT,right? (and I don't need it for videos or music)
We don't have a land-line phone. More and more people are going away from land-line. We did because--we didn't need it, we have cell phones. We strive to keep our cell phone bill down. My own personal cell phone is nothing fancy. It doesn't get 'media- text' (with pictures, graphics, etc). We don't have a text package and have informed people DO NOT TEXT US. Family knows emergency only texts!!!
I use my phone for talking.
My phone is not SMART.
But my kindle--it's smart! So instead of up- grading and getting a SMART phone. I use my Kindle. I use it for wi-fi, when I'm at home on the couch or at the local Dairy Queen or where ever there is a HOT-SPOT. I can read a book, check my email, read the news, Or MAKE A LIST ...or check my list!
I could TWEET if I wanted to 'tweet'... I don't tweet. But I COULD!!!
Another great thing? I'm not out the money for a SMART phone.
NOW. Please don't think I'm telling you to go out and get a Kindle or a SMART phone. If you're trying to live the frugal life; by all means do what you need to do in order to do it well. But, if you have one of these devices (kindle)OR maybe YOU'RE TRYING TO FIND WAYS TO BE FRUGAL, LIKE ME... just know that you CAN use it for so much more than just reading books; you don't have to get a SMART phone, be out extra money, and be TRAPPED INTO A 2 YEAR CONTRACT. Just know.
Download MY CHECKLIST @ amazon.com