Tuesday, May 28, 2013

:Glimpse of My Week::

Friday a week ago... I had a dentist appointment. 
I hate dentists. 
No. 
I. don't. hate. dentists.    ... they're people too! 
I hate going to see the dentist. 
I'm terrified.  

 AFTER I HAD A LITTLE OF THE GAS... I had the extraction.
Was handed 2 prescriptions... a bag of wonderful little pick me ups...
1 can of chicken noodle soup
1 snack pack of pudding
1 snack pack of apple sauce 
1 tea bag-- gauze and 2 individual packs of ibuprofen
 (to take before I get the prescriptions filled...just in case) 
Over all... it was OK.   :/

Then I began having a reaction to one of the prescriptions. 
Shortness of breath. 
Severe Dizziness. 
BUT I DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS A REACTION! 
That started my week. 
That was just the start. 

I'm terrified of dentist. 

I also don't like storms. 
I'm terrified. 

Tuesday in the aftermath of the storms that ravaged  Moore, OK, on Monday... 
It was time to clean out and prep the storm cellar. That involved 'tight confined space', humidity, dirt and dust... Shortness of breath and Severe Dizziness. 
At this point I don't know I'm having an allergic reaction to meds... I just think I'm sick or something. ...Perhaps its the storm cellar. 
LOL!  I know...crazy! 
Must find matches...and fresh candles...  oh! and the dirt dobbers have clogged up the fresh air vents on the cellar. 
That had to cleaned out and new screen put in place to keep them out! 
Must have fresh air! 
Left all that for T.H. to do... I'm Dizzy and short of breath... must go sit down. 



 Moving on... The chickens are cooped up. 
Their pen is a tight confined space...humidity, dirt and dust...much the same. 
They don't like it anymore than I do.... but something is trying to eat them all 


One by One.  
I'll just get the eggs and do their feed... I'll come back when I'm feeling better to do some clean up. 


Thursday... tooth is feeling much better. (well...the hole where the tooth once was) Is feeling much better. Wonder why my chest is so tight?... having a tough time breathing... and I keep getting dizzy. 
What is up with that...??? This is so annoying!!! 

Note to self... read warning label that came with meds. 
Yeah... I'll do that.  Should probably check my glucose too. 

In the mean time. 
Sit outside...get fresh air. 
Watch while dear daughter and hubby paint the boys' play gym. 


Ah! ...John Deere green ...and yellow! 
I love it! 
THE BOYS LOVE IT... 
EVERYBODY LOVES IT. 



Friday:  spent the day alone with this little girl. 
T.H. was gone to work with her dad... doing some clean up on a job. 

Those binoculars are as big as her head... :) 
She is playing  "I spy..." and I am taking her picture...
We're having fun! 
Walking around the yard... taking pictures, getting fresh air... not walking too fast...still kind of dizzy.

Oh yeah... I forgot to take my anti-biotic... 
Done! 
Whoa! ... I'm feeling pretty dizzy! 
I think I'll sit down and read that insert....
FINALLY, 1 WEEK LATER!!! 

Yes... by now all of you would have figured out... Hey...I bet you'r allergic to the antibiotic the dentist gave you! 
Me?! Naw!?
I'm not allergic!!! 

I quit taking them on Friday...I had 3 1/2 days left... but oh my goodness! That was the worst thing ever!!! 
 I'm finally starting to feel better. 



Today we went to the back of the property and found this.... 
two huge trees down, from A storm we got on Wednesday. 



Straight line winds did this! 
The sad part is... I think it blew over my china berry tree in there too. 
I've been waiting on that tree to bloom so I can watch for it and then harvest berries in the later summer months!  I want to try and make soap with the soap berries! 

This picture is behind me as I'm taking a picture of the down trees... You can't really see it...but the grove of trees in the upper portion of this photo...are young china berry trees...supposed to be Western Soap berry Trees!! We'll see. 



That! my friends.... was just part of my crazy week! 
...and probably way more than you ever wanted to know, too! 

If you stuck it out this long...and finished. 
Truly... You're a jewel. 
And I Appreciate 'cha! 




The grace of the LORD Jesus Christ be with your spirit. ~ Philippians 4:23

13 comments:

Tonya said...

Sounds like you had a busy week! I'm getting a root canal done Friday. May I also say I don't like dentists or teeth doctors of any sort. I'm TERRIFIED, too! I'll try to remember that about the antibiotics. :S Teeth are so essential, but so hard on the nerves, aren't they. :)
Glad you are feeling better.

Art and Sand said...

I would have been leveled with the reaction to the medication, but you added in watching the grandchildren and cleaning the cellar . . . It is a wonder you aren't bedridden by now.

I hope you aren't affected by the crazy weather. I couldn't believe 15 inches in a day in San Antonio. I know Texas is big, but I don't know if you are anywhere near the bad storms.

Hope this coming week is an easy one for you.

Rhonda said...

Good morning, hopes this new week has no dental problems or mud robbers or damaging winds. I didn't have any of that but last week was just a one day at a time trudge to get through it.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Sounds like a long week. Dentist visits are definitely not fun.

Diane said...

Glad you figured out the med problem. They can really be nasty-- worse than what they're curing sometimes. What a shame about the tree! Hope the week is muh better!!

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Dental problems are a issue I can do without. So sorry you had to deal with this. I hope you can have a normal week. Losing trees is tragic. The wind can be so damaging sometimes. I hope you are feeling better...xo Linda

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I must be a jewel, I read the whole thing!! LOL! So glad you figured out the problem, I was fascinated with the storm cellar, how wonderful to have after seeing all of those tornadoes, have you ever used it? We want a storm cellar post! I am so glad you and your tooth hole are doing better!

Carol

dl@frugalhacks.com said...

So glad that your drug reaction wasn't even a worse one. I too am fascinated by the storm cellar. Did you build it? How big and what do keep inside?

Cindy said...

I'm rally sorry to hear that you had a bad week, it's scary to have shortness of breath and dizzy spells, I'm not sure I would have figured it out either. I'm glad you're feeling better, finally. The play structure looks wonderful!
Take good care of yourself.
Hugs, Cindy

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

I'm sorry about the dentist. I'm with you though, I used to have gas for everything but a cleaning and that's only because they wouldn't let me have it then. Most antibiotics are too strong for me and I get super sick so I have to stay with clindamycian (spelling???) I hope you're feeling better and those trees turn out to be exactly what you need.

Patty said...

I am glad you are better now, and that JUST dizzy is all you had... not falling down dizzy. How scary. I miss the china berry trees. We had them in our pasture where I grew up.

My Repurposed Life said...

hanging on every word! oh my ! and you were all worked up about going, not the after effects.
Hoping that by now you're really feeling a lot better!!

gail

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

Wow, Pat, what an experience! I'm glad you told us the symptoms because I would probably, like you, think I was getting sick. I'm sorry about your tree going down too. Bummer. I hate waiting and waiting for blooms only to have something ruin the fun. Glad you had some bright spots in the week though and I hope that hole where the tooth used to be is healing up well!
Liz