This is my new camera. I like it! I've had to download the manual for it...and I know nothing about using this type of camera.
All I know is...I can take WAY better pictures now!!! :)
These pictures are some that my brother took with his phone, on Saturday in the ER...I swiped them from our Google + account...
T.H. bought it at the same pawn shop we bought my first camera; that I used for blogging all these years.
I think we got a fair price for it.
First, he bought a digital video camera, it was missing a cable and in the end it wasn't compatible with WINDOWS 7 ... long story short, I went back and traded for this one. :)
We don't ever PAWN anything. (We did when we were younger, but learned our lesson about that) but we do like to stop in occasionally and look around. Sometimes, there are good deals to be had on tools, lawn and garden equipment , sports equipment, bikes, music instruments and electronics, just to name a few things. :)
Here are some things you need to know.
- What is their RETURN POLICY?
- Can you RETURN an item if it doesn't work properly?
- Do they give you store credit for unsatisfactory purchases?
- Do they give Cash back?
- Or will they REFUND at all? (for instance, refund to your credit card)
- How long do you have to rectify this transaction?
- Be knowledgeable about your product. (condition, availability, value, etc.)
- Ask about attachments, parts, remotes, drivers (electronics) or carrying cases? (see above)
- SHOP AROUND at different pawn shops.
- LOOK FOR AND ASK FOR better pricing.
- BOTTOM LINE-- Be willing to NEGOTIATE.
That is why I had to trade... The sales clerk didn't make their policy clear to The Honey when he purchased the video camera. Fortunately, they had this camera when I returned; and I was allowed to trade for it with no out of pocket. I asked for the same price as the video camera; and they allowed me to have $25 off.
We've shopped this place before and have been happy with our purchases. This was the first time for us to experience a problem. Would we shop there again in the future?...knowing their policy in full, yes, probably. But, it doesn't hurt to be cautious and knowledgeable about what you're shopping for either.
So, I'm curious...in all your thrifting and bargain shopping do you shop at Pawn Shops?
Have you found good deals?
Have you had good dealings with reputable pawn brokers?
You can tell me all about it in the comments.
Finally, brother, Whatsoever things are TRUE, Whatsoever things are NOBLE , Whatsoever things are RIGHT , Whatsoever things are PURE, Whatsoever things are LOVELY, Whatsoever things are ADMIRABLE; if any thing is excellent and praiseworthy, think on such things. ~ Philippians 4:8