Thursday, October 30, 2008

Picture... Master BR

This is the ceiling. It has looked this way roughly about 6 yrs. only partially done. Sheet rock, some joint compound, and tape.

This is the South wall w/ window. This is standing in the door of my room looking in; you can't tell really, but the walls are panelled and the IVY 'growing' on the walls is a stencil I put up about 12 -1/2 years ago. Very country. If you look closely there is a pink checker board around the windows and about 34-36 inches off the floor, it is also a stencil. I used to love the stenciled look.
This is my Iron bed. This bed has special meaning to me. When I was a kid there was an old couple who lived across the cul-de-sac from us, and they were Mr. and Mrs. Thorn. She was ill. But Abe, Mr. Thorn was the sweetest kindest old man you could ever meet. He would always tinker around in his garage. I don't think he ever officially retired. He always worked on something and did odd jobs here and there welding and stuff. He took special care of his wife too. One time when I was visiting my parents after I was married, he stopped me as I was pulling away and asked me if I'd like to have the bed. They had bought a new bed; they needed something shorter to get in and out of since they were older now. It was out back in the shed. I said yes and have loved it. It reminds me of them. One day I'll take a picture of it uncovered. Right now in this picture it is covered, because I was getting ready to texture the ceiling!
This is a view from the door, looking toward the southwest corner of the room. BTW... the newspaper is taped up; I ran out of plastic. It is still up there today...only the plastic is put away... cause we're still sleeping in there!


I hope to paint the ceiling tomorrow. I'll post more pictures. Hopefully w/o the newspaper!

No comments: