Thursday, November 19, 2009

If you've looked around my blog at all


...you've probably noted it isn't much to look at right now.


There isn't much to read and there is a lot to do around the home.

I love blogging. I love reading other peoples blogs. Most recently -- I've loved reading home decorating- homemaking, crafty at home , DIY types of blogs. I've not ever worked (for any lengthy time) outside the home; and staying home and taking care of business here has always been a blessing.

However, I've had my hands full with so much, and have let things get out of sorts around here the last couple of years.

Now, with the empty nest, grand-kids, and most recently an elderly, very ill and dying mother -in-law ; I've had a difficult time gaining some traction. I recently found out that I'm anemic and in need of medical attention myself. There are procedures to be had and steps left to be taken. If not for the LORD, I'd most positively lost my way.

I'm at the stage in my life where I'd like to set things in order. Starting first with my dis-orderly home. (Nothing slaps you in the face harder than walking through a recently deceased loved-ones home; scanning each room taking mental snapshots of things left behind, guessing presumptuously what those items meant to them and will you find a new place for it?)

I ask myself...

How did it get this way?

Where did all this stuff come from?

Where are the children that used to fit these clothes?

When will I ever get to read those books?

Wonder where my crochet hooks went ?

It is a slow process. I realize that my house didn't get this out -of- whack over night. It is just going to take some time. Right now, I am just taking it one day at time.

Recently, my oldest daughter asked me how I was feeling. I told her "better". She said , "Well, you're certainly being productive around the house, getting some things done." I admitted to her that " I just have to make myself do them."

I'm taking baby steps. I think that I used to live by this verse:


"She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness." Proverbs31:27


But the Truth is, I've always lived by it. The difference for me is those affairs are ever changing; and what might have been a priority then is becoming less of one and home keeping is what God in His Sovereign Grace is bringing me back to now.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

I know how difficult it is to sort through your loved ones homes having had to do it for my parents and my in-laws. And at the same time try to keep up with ones own home. I think the longer one is married and the older we get the stuff just keeps piling up. I have a long running battle with catalogs, magazines, books and mail. I no sooner sort out a pile and there appears another one. I had to laugh when you said "Wonder where my crochet hooks went?". The same thing happened to me when I decided to start crocheting again. I "knew" I had lots of hooks but couldn't find where I put them so I bought a new set. Of course then I "found" the old hooks. I have run out of space to put things so I have to reorganize my closets one of these days. You're right just take it one day at a time and everything will sort itself out. You're my 7th follower! Thanks - I never thought I would have any, let alone 7 and this is only my six day of blogging. Have a good evening!

Teacup Lane (Sandy)