I only drove to town for a few things.
Mail etsy orders.
Get gas in the car.
Coffee and Mozzarella Cheese.
::But here's what really happened::Went to Dollar General and the Bakery--
Pint IC- $2.15
- Heritage Market: (Mennonite Bakery)
Peanut Butter cookies: $4.00 (marked down)
Spell Binder cookies: $2.00 (marked down)
Dinner Rolls: $1.70 (marked down)
Mozzarella cheese: $5.00 (?)
Total-- $12.70 (estimated)
- I paid cash both places but didn't get a receipt here I know the total was just over $12.00 --I don't think there was tax on the cookies, not for sure though. After this trip which was initially for MOZZARELLA CHEESE and COFFEE...let's not forget the coffee. I had buyers remorse.
I sooooo didn't want to tell you all this...because you DO keep me accountable. I'm just keeping it real!!!
This is more difficult than it seems!! whine.
I think I had more resolve when I was younger and had the kids at home. I used to challenge myself all the time to spend less than the weeks before. That is NOT happening right now.
So originally in my 1st post I outlined my own rules for our home and our budget...
I allowed for spending on necessary groceries and gas (oh, yeah, I put gas in the car too...$30.) A NECESSARY expense. We don't like being so far out in the country away from town and gas stations and NOT have gas in the car; in the event of an emergency. So while I was in town I put gas in the tank.
- David's Foods Today: I shopped with purpose.
Sugar was on sale 4# -- $1.99 x 4 (stocking the pantry)
So were Red Potatoes 3# --$1.29 x2 = $2.58
I also bought the following:
Canned Chili x2 -- $3.00
Hot Dogs x2-- $2.00
Buns -- $1.00
Swiss cheese-- $2.29 6oz.
Cheddar (shedded)-- $1.50
Velveeta block --$4.99 w/coupon for $1- (reg $5.99)
Couple of things I've noticed--
- We eat more DAIRY than I realized.
- Velveeta isn't DAIRY...(I knew this already ...but I'm just saying...)
- The Honey likes his ice cream and made the pint last for 3 servings! (he should get points for that!)
- Even though the cookies were huge and baked in a specialty shop-- AND MARKED DOWN... I still could have made Peanut Butter cookies cheaper and had fun with the Littles while they are here.
- Had planned on making bread---but bought a loaf instead. Hmmph!
- Junk FOOD is EXPENSIVE! No different from eating out... do you think so?
- Sometimes you just want a CHILI DOG!
How will I stick with the other aspects of NO Spend February?
- Will stick with the plan to be making bread the rest of the month (want to learn to do this WITHOUT a bread machine - PINNED THIS RECIPE TO TRY
- and I've never made ROLLS before... I would love to do that too.)
- Crackers will be used for meals like *Salmon Patties and *Chili bowls (2 things The Honey likes to make and eat on his own!)
- Red Potatoes will be stored in a cool dry place! (last time I bought potatoes...they ruined, What a waste!)
- Car-pooled to the grocery today with Daughter--- will do this when I can.
- Was able to put some $5/ bills back since I used CASH!
- Used Cash! :) except for the Gas-- I paid with a bank card at the pump.
- Put $10 away for the Propane Fund! (remember, I've set a budget for $40 a month to be saved for PROPANE-- with January's total- I'm at $50 )
There are 16 days left!
She looks well to the ways of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. ~Proverbs 31:27