Thursday, March 7, 2013

:: Fresh Perspective ::


When blogging I'm always looking out  for blogs that I've never read before. 

Don't get me wrong: I love reading all the blogs I've read for years; but sometimes... I just like to find a fresh perspective. 

I've been doing the same thing for 30 years... keeping house, budgeting, cooking, cleaning...the works.  

Honestly, sometimes I forget what works-- I like to find young housewives, moms  striving to do the same thing I'm doing and unabashedly posting about it!  It pushes me.  I enjoy reading their thoughts and seeing the newness of homemaking through their eyes ! 

If you're not familiar with Brenda @ Cozy Little House; she features a few blogs every Friday on her Welcome Wagon edition. I see at least 1 new blog a week.(Thank you Brenda!) 

Last week I found this one there: 

A Swell Place to Dwell



I went there and I have enjoyed reading it. She is just celebrating her first year blogging...




Congrats to her!  She certainly has fresh ideas. The first post I read was this one-- and seeing how it is her first week to post about conquering clutter...I decided to follow along! :)  Lord knows, I need to get some spring cleaning done. 

Conquer The Clutter: Week 1




I took this from her site...it is the short list

1.  Front entry.
2. Important papers/bills.
3. One closet.
4. Microwave and oven.
5. Utensil drawer.
@ A SWELL PLACE to DWELL

MY ENTRY: I also added that I 
6. *EMPTIED my email in-box too!

Go there and read the entire thing. Follow her and you can see what she will post this week.

So here is what I've done ...I modified the list,of courseI recently cleaned out my utensil drawers...so I cleaned the microwave and the cupboard this week. It gets cluttered-- and was WAY WORSE than the picture you're about to see! 
I combined a closet, microwave and utensil drawer into this ONE cupboard.  It took me about 15 minutes top to counter. I didn't do behind the curtain...I'll do that in the morning. 

Our Microwave went out recently, this one is small and was given to us for our camper. I use it for the "Littles" lunches...we've almost decided we don't want to buy a replacement. 




Of course...You, my regular readers already know this; 
                                                    But YES! I'm a week behind. 
So far that's all I've gotten done.
I have a box of papers to shred and those will go into the compost. 
The front entry...whew! It needs an over-haul. 

*As to #6...please don't take it the wrong way when I say I EMPTIED MY EMAIL.  
I just had tons of emails, and while I try to answer or visit all of you back; sometimes I get overwhelmed with the whole thing. So I deleted ALL OF THEM! 
It is so nice to have an empty email folder. 

Here is what I'm doing. 

  • If I get a subscribed email-- I open in another tab, go back to my email folder and delete the email, read your blog, leave my 2 cents worth and go on my way. 
  • If I get a comment on my blog; it comes to my email. I'm trying to answer them right away and delete. So easy! 
  • The 'no-reply blogger' comments ( you know who you are)...if I have your email, I try to send you a note back. But, sometimes I leave a comment for you in reply to your comment. 


Do you have a spring cleaning routine?
Do you do the same ol' routine or do you mix it up and try new things?

Do you need reminding of certain jobs and help focusing?
Or does it just come naturally for you? (can you guess which one I am?) 





Therefore, be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time because the days are evil. 
~Ephesians 5:15-16~

 

6 comments:

Willow said...

Thank you for the tips and the leads on the new blogs ...this has been my first month blogging and I am having a grand time of it !

Melanie said...

The first nice and warm day that we have reminds me to get going and get the spring cleaning done! We are expected to have that first warm day this weekend and I am excited to begin work!!

Pam@OurAdventuresInHomeImprovement said...

I love cleaning and organizing, but that email inbox is a huge issue for me! Good for you to delete them! I'm not good about writing back to comments, unless they ask a question, but I do try to visit their blog and comment.

Happy cleaning!
Pam

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

I used to participate in an e-mail program, where I was reminded what to clean/organizing. It became overwhelming and took over my inbox. Now it just take each day as it goes.

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

yay.... looks like you have a "plan". I fell off the wagon last month BAD... but I have stayed on the plan to eat better, exercise and lose weight... 50% isn't bad, eh?
baby steps-little at a time. :)
I plan to spend 10 mins a day on my craft storage room. we'll see how that goes.

have a great weekend!
gail

Cindy said...

I clean everything at least twice a month except for walls and floor trim, we have lots of that. So I don't ever have a lot of deep cleaning to do. I try to keep my inbox emptied two or three times a week. I get overwhelmed very easily these days, so I work extra hard to keep from being overwhelmed.
Happy cleaning!
Hugs, Cindy