Tuesday, October 9, 2012

::Tweaking A New Home~ Family Fun and Memories::

My daughter and her husband are still working on their house. They've not moved in yet...still putting some finishing touches on their new place.  They were off work all last week-- and got lots done. Yesterday being a holiday for some...my daughter was off and we went over to help.

They've come so far with the renovations...this is just some tweaking that got done. While she worked on other things. I did this... (while babysitting, really.)
 The game room is the LAST ROOM in the house to get a make over.... so I got busy and primed the paneling getting it ready for a new color.  Can't wait to show you that...we got the first coat on...but that will have to come when they have their big reveal...
I also spent time... with Bree and we re-painted the yellow in her room. It was a bit over-powering before.  She's only 3 ...so she had to have something to do and stay out of Momma's way while she worked. This is what we did... while I was cutting in; getting it ready to roll!

(...uh-uh...can't peak at our babies faces) 

First we painted smiley faces...then rooster's and sunshines...and of course a family portrait. My daughter is making a photo book and scrap booking before and afters... I assured Bree that all her works of art would still be 'under' the new paint color. But we took pictures anyway... so she could always have them and remember the fun we had painting. :)


And finally the new color! So much nicer for a little girls room.
Now...Daddy just has to put the trim up there...and the girls get to decorate the little fairy room!!!

Brenda's Tweak It Tuesday
Photobucket


Oh give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; His loving kindness is everlasting. ~Psalm 107:1

5 comments:

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

ohhh Patricia, what fun you had painting! Making memories like that last forever (esp with the help of photos) thanks for sharing those pics with us. Love that you had so much fun painting, and I love the rooster, family, etc!!!
the new color is great, can't wait to see it all come together.
gail

Cindy said...

Hello my friend, how wonderful that you are able to help your daughter get her home ready for moving in. I love to do that, helping our kids is a way of making memories for all of you that will live on... Can't wait to see the finished home.
Hugs, Cindy

Dixie said...

Home .. renovations can be so over-whelming! Your daughter is so lucky to have you there to HELP! ;) and your sweet granddaughter... making memories with Grandma. Nothing could be better.

Glad you liked my Ball jar pendant lights. I just love them. They are perfect in my country cottage kitchen. Stop by again, anytime!

blessings. Dixie

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

Man, you've gotten a lot done and with little ones around, that's saying something! The new colors are super sweet. Can't wait to see how it looks all finished up!
Liz

RHome410 said...

What a lot of fun! My kids always wanted to help paint, and it was the one project I had a hard time letting them in on, imagining all the spatters and spills in places they'd be hard to clean up. Nice job and what a wonderful and patient grandma!