Thursday, November 8, 2012

::Prepping for Winter Storms::

Sometimes, I have an installment called plainly enough-  'County Road Traffic' 
I've said before-- we live on an old country road in a rural area. The traffic on our road comes and goes... because it's not a 'THRU' STREET. 

Lately--it's been going TOO FAST.  I'm thinking a bull horn and a video camera ought to slow things down a bit-- and stir up some good ol' fashioned feuding among neighbors. 

Naw! But a phone call to the Sheriff's Dept might slow things down  a bit. 

Anyway-- It's been really pretty here the last couple of days. Cool at night. But otherwise nice. 
Here what's been creeping around our neighborhood the last couple of days. 

Tree Trimmers. 
Getting ready for any ice storms we might have this winter. 
They are contracted by the Rural Electric Co-Op in our area.

Back and forth up and down the street. Noisy...

Today, they were RIGHT in our yard...and left tracks and a head-ache.

See?  The north side.

The South side. 

Right in the front-- East side.

The Honey is in the next photo.  
I laughed 'til my eyes crossed at this one.  
If he looks like he might be jumping here...it's cause he is. 

Apparently, the guy in the bucket cut away more than branches.
He found a wasps nest too! 


Grateful to have these guys come out and cut our trees. Hopefully, that means less outages this winter. Not to mention...it makes pretty good entertainment too! 

***edited to say:  We were able to keep the big logs that couldn't go into the shredder. They shred all the small stuff and use it for mulch. Not sure but they probably sell it to municipalities and things; they are independently contract labor. Our neighbor also called and told us we could have what they cut and left at her house. So...free firewood to boot! 
And let us not be weary in well -doing;  for in due season we will reap,if we faint not. 
~Galatians 6:9 

3 comments:

Our Neck of the Woods said...

It doesn't seem like it should be that time of year yet! I'm never ready for winter storms, though. Last year was so mild I have a feeling mother nature will roar this year to make up for it!

Tombstone Livestock said...

Good to be prepared

Laura said...

Good Morning!

Just stopped by from "My Repurposed Life"...and I'm so glad that I did! It seems as though you and I have much in common! We live on a dirt road...and have issues during certain times of the year with fast drivers. This past spring we also had an independent tree company come and do some trimming along our road, as well as throughout the whole town, and, I agree, it was quite entertaining at times. We, too, picked up some firewood along the way! Unfortunately, the didn't take down the one tree that fell during "Sandy" and left us without power...but, oh well, guess you can't have everything!

Just loved your idea of the chalkboard magnets...I've always wondered what to do with those outdated calendar ones or the rather strange advertising ones...guess I'll have to dig them out of my craft bureau!

Have a blessed day...I will be back to visit again soon!
Sweet blessings,
Laura