Friday, March 29, 2013

:: Here's Looking at you Chick ::

if your interested in how that went for us...you can click on the Pink Piggy Bank at the top right of my side bar. 
or here... 

It links to all those posts. 

Part of that wrap-up and hidden deep in that post I mentioned new chicks! 
Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life posted 'Official Portraits' of her new baby chicks... and while chatting through email she mentioned she had missed my post that I had gotten new chicks. 

They are gift card chicks...meaning I paid nothing for them. 
Here is a run down of what we got that day with our gift card! 

At Tractor Supply we bought: 
  • baby chicks to increase the egg supply
  • seed for more veggies
  • 2 Apple trees 
  • 2 Concord Grape vines
  • 20# chick starter and drink mix 
  • heat lamp bulb
  • a rain gauge and 
  • 2 metal wheels for the smoker. (had to spend some money on the wheels and rain gauge- they exceeded the card amount, forgot about that) $29. Everything else there was free! 


Here are the baby chicks...about 4 weeks old now. 
One -half dozen chicks. 
No. this is not the glamour shot of my chickens. 

Here is a close up and 'How do you do?'  shot ...or a "Here's looking at you chick"
Not a glamour shot. 


HOLD

FOR 

GLAMOUR

SHOT

...

SMILE FOR THE CAMERA! 




 You really didn't think I was going to chase 6 baby chicks around and try for glamour shots 
...did you?

I mean chasing one was hard enough.

I'm taking the weekend off to celebrate 

Resurrection Sunday. 

I hope you all Enjoy the time with your families and are able to take time this weekend to reflect on the Gift of Grace that Christ so freely gave. 

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. ~ Philippians 4:23  


 

For God sent not His son into the world  to condemn the world; but that through Him the world might be saved.  ~ John 3:17 

 

7 comments:

Diane said...

Cute chicks! Happy Easter!

Sandy said...

I would have loved to be there to watch
you chase the chicks for that glamour shot..
wanted to wish you a wonderful Easter and
I'm so happy to say
Happy Spring
Sandy

My Repurposed Life said...

one funny chick chasing another chick to get just the perfect shot! :)

I hope you are enjoying your weekend, and that you have a very special Easter with your family and the littles!

gail

Sunny Simple Life said...

Are they leghorns? You are funny. I know what you mean. It was hard enough keeping the two chicks on the chair I was shooting them on. Do your gals stay out all day now? How old will they be when you integrate them. I hope that goes well over here. Oh and Happy Easter. Enjoy your weekend.

Life at Still Woods said...

Chick chasing! Who knew? Wishing you a blessed Easter from Still Woods Farmhouse!

bj said...

Happy Easter, dear one.
xo bj

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

Glamorous chick in the midst of the pretty blooms. I believe it was a glamour shot indeed.
Liz