Tuesday, June 4, 2013

:: ...Of Things that Got Done this Weekend ::

The fields got mowed...

Gratuitous "Buster" photo. :)

Finally planted a Fairy Garden.  Well, I planted the dish garden; but was waiting for it to be established before adorning with my version of "Fairies" ... ( I actually put them in this morning)


It's glass CHESS pieces. I like playing chess; this set had some chips and dings in the glass...and I just couldn't find any other 'fairy-type' tchotchkies for my dish garden, that I liked.  So this is it! I finally have my 'Fairy' Garden complete with King and Queen!  

Check-Mate! 

This is the Little's 'fairy garden'  They insisted on having one ...they put in rock, dice, and a plastic 'trick' frog... and some cuttings from various plants.  I hope they grow. The Littles were excited to do this. 


I also shopped for some plants this past weekend. The Petunia in the above photo is one of the plants I bought.

This Hydrangea is also one I bought.  I've been wanting one...but now what?  Not sure where to plant it.

See the problem?
 Right now it is sitting on the porch railing... because if you look... in the photo below you can see "Buster" sleeping in the flower bed. Yes! he has dug a hole and he likes to sleep there where it is cool; regardless of the fact that I had just bathed him the night before!!!!  HHHhmmmph! 


The other pot is one of my cuttings pots.  I take cuttings or pieces that fall off or whatever...and stick them in the dirt. You never know... you could get a full pot by the end of summer!

We also thrifted a little bit this past weekend.

I bought some pottery for the shop...hope to get these stocked this evening.
USA pottery is something I like and I think others like it too.  So I pick it up to resale.




I also found another vintage shopping cart!  So happy about that.  It's like I see them everywhere now! I think I'm going to make another liner and hopefully it will sell in the etsy too! 


  Although...this one has been relegated to LAUNDRY HAMPER...so now, I'm undecided. :)

That's just part of how we spent our weekend...
How was your weekend?  Did you do special things or was it like mine...Much of the same?
Leave me a comment...so we can catch up!

*** Huh? I almost forgot to post this here...

Sunny Simple Life
                                                                       

 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify Father which is in Heaven. Matthew 5: 16

7 comments:

NanaDiana said...

My weekend was much like yours except I don't have a Buster!;>) I need to get some plants but am holding off because I am going to be gone for about 10 days and SOMEONE won't remember to water them. I will have a late flower garden this year-xo Diana

Diane said...

Chess pieces in your fairy garden is soooooo clever! Had to look for Buster in your garden. Found him. He's too cute! How's his leg? We had a ton of rain this past weekend.

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

How fun in the garden! (except a sleeping dog in the flowers, are you sure you didn't plant dognip?

Angel said...

I missed reading I think. I didn't know you got a puppy!!!!
I can't even remember what I did this weekend so I can't share. ;)

Revi said...

Love the cart and your white vases!
-Revi

Melanie said...

I love the USA pottery too!! Love the little's fairy garden, too cute and a great idea!! You had a busy weekend but it looks like a fun weekend!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

That Buster is a heart stealer! Fun post...I've been wanting to make one of those fairy gardens...so charming! LOVE the shopping cart!