Friday, December 6, 2013

:: Pottery Shopping and Stocking the Shop::

Thanksgiving weekend… I hit the local thrift stores with my youngest daughter and thrift-store shopping buddy.

She loves thrift store shopping.

She hits up the clothing racks…I head to house wares.
Generally, I’m looking for pretty and quality items for the Etsy shop…I like to find nice things to pass along.
Sometimes I look for pretty and quality items for me too.

African Violet gold leaf salad plate partnered with Am Limoges
Pair of gold leafed American Limoges dishes--

8 sided PFALTZGRAFF Heritage chip n dip
PFALTZGRAFF  chip (no dip) platter. It didn’t have the bowl with it.

Diane FCJ- closeup pattern  Diane Fine China Japan
A set of 4  Wade- Fine China Plates with platinum edge and Very pretty!

FINE CHINA Rosette

Style House “Rosette” china—All priced reasonably and would make wonderful additions for the Table Scaping  Enthusiast

The Casserole dish below—was almost skipped over, because well, frankly it looked sort of new and contemporary to me. But my daughter who had come over to get my opinion on a couple of sweaters saw it and asked me… as she was turning it over and looking at the bottom … “Hey, Mom… is this a good piece?”

  I said, I don’t know, what does it say on the bottom? 

To which she replied, “ I don’t know some numbers and USA ;  and I think it says McCoy…”
mcCoy casserole dish
as she was placing it back on the shelf, she added; “Probably not, huh?” 

I scooped-up that Contemporary looking casserole dish and said… “Hmmmm, I almost missed it. Thank you sweetie!”

I don’t know much about it… except that it is creamy white and has a blue-ish grey drip on the sides with a grey- blue and some brown undertoned rings around the bottom.  If you know anything about it…would you leave me some ideas in the comments?
**After having done very little research, I found that this dish was done by the Lancaster Colony Corporation, that finally closed their doors in 1990. So it is probably only about 23 + (plus) years old. 

It’s not in the shop.
I think it is the perfect size to hold my cell phone and charger don’t you?

Click here to visit 9th and Denver (my etsy) 

Til next time, Be Blessed!



“…blessed be the name of the LORD.”  Job 1: 21

4 comments:

camp and cottage living said...

Re-sale shopping is always fun, but even more so with a daughter along!
You got some pretty dishwares, Pat.

Geneva said...

It looks like you scored pretty big at the thrift store, plus had fun too. I LOVE thrift shopping with my daughter...she's 28 now, and boy does she have an eye for the good stuff! :)
Enjoy your weekend!

My Repurposed Life said...

I know nothing about any dishes.... as I was reading your post, I was like....wow... she knows a lot! :)

We talked about photographing pieces, and the light box and foam core boards. One of the comments on my drop cloth was a lady who has "smalls" and she does black fleece. These pieces would look great on black. :) Not that I'm an expert by any means.
gail

Audrey said...

Looks like you got some good pottery. Love the covered dish.
Enjoy.
Happy December.
Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures