Monday, April 22, 2013

::Your Cleaning Personality Is...::

I was just hankerin' to know, so yeah...in all my spare time I took their little test.

The Procrastinator It didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. But now it is official. You don't have to take my word for it... because BH&G said so! 
and they congratulated me. 

  • Congratulations! You get that there's more to life than cleaning. For you, cleaning is a last-minute, get-it-done-as-guests-walk-in-the-door type of affair. Here's how to excel at being a procrastinator with tips on how to clean smarter, not harder.
So while I was outside today taking in all of this..... 


Surprise TO ME...  Lavender colored Iris (that have NEVER bloomed before)

 I knew I needed to be inside while the temps are still mild and it isn't too hot in my kitchen.... DOING THIS! 


YEP! that is under my kitchen sink. Blech! 
Not to mention it's JUST DOWN RIGHT SCARY UNDER THERE!!! 

But it had to be done. 

I took everything out and wiped down the whole thing...and organized 2 caddies
this one holds everything that had product in it to be used up PROMPTLY AND COMPLETELY!  Don't want to waste anything. 

 This one holds our car cleaning rags, tire/rim cleaner and ALL THINGS CAR.


AND THEN....YES! 

I even scrubbed THOSE pipes clean...
I can say (though I'm not proud) I've NEVER SCRUBBED PIPES


I HAVE cleaned out from under the sink... and I don't like doing it. 
But it's done now! 

Here is something else I did. 
I painted the inside cupboard door a couple of weeks ago. 
...and today,  I RE-PURPOSED 2  CD racks 



This is how they usually function. 

I happened to grabbed these from the throw away pile a while back.   I was going to use them as bird feeders and put SUET INTO them during the winter. 

That didn't happen. (procrastinator, remember?) 


 With a little bit of baling wire and some screws,(some diy-gals like duct tape... I like BALIN' WIRE)- 

 Now,they hold trash can liners...


and  scrub brushes, duster brushes and empty spray bottles ( 3/$2 at Dollar General) awaiting home made cleaning solutions. You can see many solutions that I've pinned  here on my Pinterest board ::Organized and Clean::


This is the JUNK removed from that sink cupboard... and either tossed or re-appropriated. (red tub and yellow caddy... I'm moving to the trunk of my car...maybe) 



 Now it's clean!!

and I can get back to this AND PROCRASTINATING!



Are you curious?  
Do yo want to know what your cleaning personality is?  
Click here to go to BH&G and take the QUIZ!


* just a reminder Amazon links in this post help support this blog. Thank You! 


I'm linking this shelf of sorts here: FJI Rustic Shelves (not really rustic...though they are metal AND REpurposed)  :) 



Therefore be careful how you walk not as unwise men but as wise making the most of your time for the days are evil. ~Ephesians 5:15-16~

 

15 comments:

Patty Sumner said...

I would rather be out looking at the iris's too. It seems you were not procrastinating today.. Looks like you got a lot done. Have a great day. Blessings!

NanaDiana said...

I don't suppose you would want to come over and help me clean- LATER?;>) xo Diana

dl@frugalhacks.com said...

Ha! According to the BHG quiz I am the "Queen Clean." You would never think so if you looked at my house!

You have inspired me to work on cleaning my kitchen today. Thanks, Pat!

Diane said...

Cool flowers! Great cleaning job too-- and very clever use of the CD rack!

Revi said...

I don't think I want to know! It might mar my self-esteem. Love the CD rack idea, and I need something like that!
-Revi

Liz said...

Sadly the bottom of my sink cabinet looked like that. I cleaned it all out a few weeks ago. Love those iris's, just beautiful!

My Repurposed Life said...

great job! Love the flowers!

I don't have to take the quiz... I know I am probably a procrastinator.... I had such good intentions in January and February....alas, it is spring and I'm tinkering outside. :(
Under my sink... I cleaned it recently, and it's still pretty neat.
gail

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Love your iris! That was a nice surprise that they bloomed. I had some canna that did that a few years ago.

Good job cleaning under your sink! I did mine last year or the year before and it still looks pretty good. So I'm glad I don't have to do it again!

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Your under sink cabinet (before) looked great compared to mine! What's below procrastinator? I have lavender iris too, a stray from my neighbor's bed from the old house. It multiplied when I dug some up in my bed before my move.

Audrey said...

Hi Pat ... your Iris are just so beautiful. I have some darker, but they did not bloom last year and not yet this year. Cleaning under the sink is just no fun. I installed chrome pull-out drawers in all my cabinets and love them. One would think they waste space, but they don't and I get more stuff in there because it is organized and no turning over and spilling.
Thanks for stopping by Timeless Treasures with a nice comment.
Blessings,
Audrey Z.

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

I'm with you about the under the sink area. I find it frightening. When I was trying to fix my leaky plumbing under my kitchen sink, I did the same thing. It's amazing what cleaning the pipes off and whatnot does to dispel the demons under there. Not so scary once you get rid of the gunk and the mess. Great job! Love the idea of repurposing the cd rack too. Brilliant!
Liz

Robyn said...

I dont have to take that test to know what the answer is. Same as yours.lol.....love what you did under the sink. What i did under mine is, i bought one of those tension curtain rods, hung it up under there, my husband secured both ends and now all my bottles that have fhe handles on them all hang across the rod giving me more room on fhe bottom of the closet. I also love what you did with the cd racks. Genious!

RHome410 said...

Brilliant use of the CD racks!! And scrubbing the pipes was above and beyond. ;-)

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

I was spring cleaning 3 out of the last four days myself and used some of that Greased Lighting to clean my stove and range hood! I might not be the Procrastinator but I'm not the cleaning lady I used to be.

retrorevival.biz said...

Hmmm, nope, I really don't want confirmation of my cleaning style! Besides, they probably don't have a definition for someone who's so tired of cleaning that they're on the verge of hiring a cleaning lady ~ ha! In my dreams:) You did a nice job under the sink; certainly not fun but I bet you feel accomplished:)