Sunday, May 15, 2016

Muscadine Grapes–Stacked Pots revisted

 

I pulled this picture up from the bottom of the barrel lets just say… but I wanted to remind you what these cracked pots had become after a little bit of finagling, back in 2012.  Since then I planted what I thought was a grape vine; but because of my ruthless pruning technique—it never would bear fruit!

image

Today, I was out in the yard taking a few pictures here and there because I drawn there by this purple mystery flower…

IMG_4088

While I was out there, realized I hadn’t pruned the vine back!

grape vine

You can barely see my big metal rooster and you can’t see the stacked pots at all!

That vine is all over the place, the four o’clocks are springing up… 

Oh, wait! What’s this???

Muscadine Grapes

Muscadine Grapes!?!? 

I was so surprised!  There are more than these two of course… I didn’t want to disturb them, but let them grow and ripen.

This is thrilling!  I plan to make grape jelly…

I have read they have lots of good benefits to them. 

  • What do you know about Muscadine grapes? 
  • What do you do with yours?

Any tips… will be gladly appreciated!

  • Oh, one more thing… any ideas what the mystery purple flower is?  The grand-daughter and I tossed out a bunch of mixed seed last year in the Spring/Summer time and all I can figure is this little seed held out and is just now germinated and blooming! 

As you can see I’ve not done anything in the garden this year—school has taken up that share of my time. Winking smile 

  • You may read more on my stacked pots here and here

 

‘Til next time, be blessed …and garden!

Patricia

 

"Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit.” ~ John 12: 24

3 comments:

Ann said...

I have no gardening skills at all and honestly I can't tell one grape from another other than the color.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

I am just now planting new grape plants. Good for you that you have some to harvest.

Susan said...

We make jam and wine😌